DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just bought three HK$ 60mm gauges that won't fit in bore-out A pillar pods. I began removing the center cluster panel and viola, the three gauges fit like a glove!

That was the easy part. Now I need to figure a way to relocate the A/C and heat control knobs to the stock CD deck area. I know I've seen Tom Stangl relocate his control knobs and it can be done, I was wondering if someone has a VFAQ for it. Pics and some form of instructions would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

Lee
92' TSI AWD
IRC: MarlboroMan

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
basically you just unbolt it and move it. You might need to detach and reattach the cables from the heater control to move it. Then when you get it mounted, you can use a spare trim panel and some fiberglass and bondo to finish it off so it looks decent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For some reasons the HKS 60mm gauge's ring is slightly larger than the Greddy gauges. My old A-pillar pod were already bore out to fit the 60mm gauges. No matter how hard I tried, the HKS gauges WILL NOT sit flush.

Anyways, I am going to try figure something out this weekend. I already move the adjusting knobs to the bottom and the cables seems to be long enough. If anyone else is interested, I will keep you guys and gals posted.

Lee
92' TSI AWD
IRC: MarlboroMan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts