DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the 1g and 2g O2 housings different? Also what is the easiest way to get at the 3 bolts on the bottom of the manifold to the head and the one on the drivers side? That little metal plate thing is the only one I have trouble with. The 3 bottom ones I can get with an open ended wrench in between the runners of the manifold, but I'd rather use a socket.

·
Honorary Moderator
3,499 Posts
Trust me, just remove the power steering pump, and the part of the bracket blocking that bottom right bolt. That bolt gives me nightmares. I BARELY got it off at all, and putting it back on is a huge PITA. The last few times I had to remove one, I took the time to get the pump off, and it went so much smoother. The bottom bolts, I just stick a wrench in the hole, and loosen it, then just spin them off the rest of the way with my finger. I soak them with some penetrant, and scrub them with a wire brush.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so should I keep my O2 housing which is unported, or trade with my friend, whose is ported. I'm buying his ported 2g manifold, 16g, and maybe we'll just switch O2 housings as well, making it extra easy. I don't have any of the tools to port, so it'd be best to buy one thats already ported.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
what one does your friend have?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think he has a ported 1g and I have my stock 2g.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,617 Posts
The 1g is probably ported to the size of the 2g. The easiest way to tell by looking at them laying next to each other is the o2 sensor location. The 2g is near the outlet, while the 1g o2 is near the mid section.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts