DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I'll have to relocate or eliminate the overflow tank in my 1G AWD in order to be able to install my new DSM-Performance FMIC kit with short routed piping...

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=61644

Any advice on how to do that?

Any high performance overlow tank (smaller), any idea on where and how to relocate it AND any pros and cons on getting rid of it?

Thank you in advance.

Walter

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Check your local v8 speed shops for a coolant overflow bottle...

Here is a link to one type/brand.
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=2817&prmenbr=361

Mine is similar to this, but is alot more rounded, mine kind of looks like a football/sausage, is black plastic too and cost half what the one above did. You got to have one, especially to race at the track. If you don't have one you'll lose coolant everyday.

I bought a shelf bracket at Ace Hardware that works for my bracket painted it black. I just cut about 3/4 of one length off. It's mounted between the battery box and the UIC pipe now. It utilizes a bolt hole that is in the small bracket where the clutch fluid line goes thru and it has the same two bolts for mounting the bottle just like the one in the pic does. Almost looks stock.

·
Registered
486 Posts
PepBoy's carry's the one's show in the above link....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow

AWD_ENVY said:
AWD_ENVY: thank God you posted that!
I was one click away from ordering it online!!!

I'll check it out tomorrow for sure!

Thank you Joec and Van, that's basically all the info I needed.

Walter

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it!

AWD_ENVY said:
Bought it!

Damn, Pep Boys always tends to be slightly more expensive than the others... it was labeled $8.99.

I had to ask if they price-matched and told them that AutoZone had them for $6.99, which they did, but I haven't gotten it from AZ because it was an opened item.

Thank you guys.

Walter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts