DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this whole setup brand new in May. I don't drive much so this has seen minimal use.
I upgraded Bov's so I'm parting with this setup. $100 Shipped

Its complete with Silicone hoses. The Dejon tool Valve has all new Brass Fittings and the "T" is also Brass. For the Valve, I made a bracket and this was made to bolt on to the transmission under the BOV, minimizing vacuum hose length. The BOV has the dodge garage mod done to it by Dejon tools and has a brass fitting. I painted the 1G BOV Apple Red. I labled the two connections so that the buyer would know exactly where to install it. You can use this valve without the Dejon valve if you want.
You can see from the pics, that its brand new. I'm a stickler for perfection and a clean engine bay.

Heres how I had it on the car.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FS- 1G BOV with Dodge garage mod and Dejon tool valve.

Darnnit!!! I forgot to put FS in the title.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Not to be a noob but what are the benifits of having the dodge garage mod?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fanaticdsm-er said:
Not to be a noob but what are the benifits of having the dodge garage mod?
In stock form the bov has a little hole on the bottom wich allows pressure to "Push up" on the diaphram from under the valve. When boost is lower on the top of the diaphram (Manifold pressure) the boost in the pipes help push the valve open very quickly allowing the BOV to open and release pressure. The mod eliminates the hole therefore eliminating the chance of premature valve opening.
Now that this hole is covered a new nipple is added to replace it but added to a location where you can access. If you leave this nipple to atmosphere, the valve will still blow off but dependant on vaccum of the manifold pressure and actual pressure of the pipe it sits on.

The other valve allows boost to access the nipple on the side to retain the factory design but up to abut 15psi. In other words, 15 psi and below, the BOV will work exactly as stock intended. Above 15 psi The valve will not have boost under the daprhram, only on the top, thereby holding the valve closed with more force, therby increasing the holding apacity of the BOV. Its a high boost mod.
This BOV has held 21 psi where it just started to leak, With the mod, the BOV can hold excess of 30psi. I have tested the BOV before I placed the mod just for kicks and info for myself.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thanks alot bud good info. Ill pm you some questions which might lead me to by this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts