DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be dropping a 6 bolt in my 2g and had a quick questions about the cas I wasn't able to find a specific answer to.

I have a 97 eclipse, but have a cas harness from a 95-96. From looking at the pictures they seem the same except the white wire on the 97-99 harness has to be hard wired and the 95-96 is just plug and play. Will I be able to use the 95-96 harness I have and just cut the white wire connector and hard wire it? It seems that easy but I wasn't sure if the connectors where different between the years?

·
Registered
148 Posts
FWIW, most of the shops that sell those CAS harnesses(JNZ, extreme PSI, Magnus, RRE, and a few others) now have a version of the 97-99 that is plug n play. They also can probably point you where to get the connector if you wanted to make it plug in.

You are correct about just needing to hardwire the white wire. But, you will also need to fish it out of the adapter harness loom, because it is on the CAS end of the head.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response brads, I've looked at jnz and they have 2 different harnesses for the 1g cas in a 2g.

95-96 (which is plug and play) and
97-99 (which has one plug in connector and a white wire that needs to be hard wired)

I might be missing it but I don't see a 97-99 harness that doesn't need the white wire hard wired.

I don't mind hard wiring the white wire but I have the 95-96 harness from jnz and I wasn't sure if it's basically the same thing with the exception of hard wiring the white wire. Or if I should go ahead and just get the 97-99 harness. I guess the easiest way is to just call them up and see.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Their pics may be old, the 97-99 harnesses they have for sale should have the connector for the cam sensor too.

JNZ is moving to a new location and they are pretty swamped right now, your best bet to contact them might be email.

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts