DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started school today and low and behold we have a 1G GSX with 2200 miles on it. It is a donation from Mitibishi for students to work on and play with. I walked in one of the buildings and there is a nice clean lab/class for diagnosing computer problems on cars. To my sight there were 8 Mistu. Lancers all parked in a nice row. I love this school already.

·
Registered
233 Posts
What school and grade man. I think I maybe moving to your school. lol

You lucky bastard.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Lancer evo's????

·
Registered
233 Posts
if they are evo, I am making a trip and you guys will be out one car. i need a car. LOL
Free car= more mods later

·
Registered
63 Posts
masitaly17 said:
I started school today and low and behold we have a 1G GSX with 2200 miles on it. It is a donation from Mitibishi for students to work on and play with. I walked in one of the buildings and there is a nice clean lab/class for diagnosing computer problems on cars. To my sight there were 8 Mistu. Lancers all parked in a nice row. I love this school already.

I know you cant sell a donated car, but maybe you can trade, get your teacher to let you trade a 1g gsx -w- like 100k on it for that one. A 1g GSX with 2200 miles should not be sittin in a school auto shop!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is Southern Illinois University. I am a Junior here. It is considered to be the best school in the country to get a BS in Automotive Tech. We are in tight with every one of the manufactuers. I have noticed really strong ties with Mistu, toyota, GM, Ford, DiamlerChrysler, Jag, amd BMW. We have over 120 donated cars, everything from a Kia to a Cadi DTS.
And no they are not Evo's. If they were I would have hoped in one and test drove that bitch. HeHe. No really, any of you in high school or community college that want to succeed very well in the automotive industury and corporations than take a look at SIUC. we have people from all over the country that go here and a few from overseas.

·
Registered
760 Posts
masitaly17 said:
It is Southern Illinois University. I am a Junior here. It is considered to be the best school in the country to get a BS in Automotive Tech. We are in tight with every one of the manufactuers. I have noticed really strong ties with Mistu, toyota, GM, Ford, DiamlerChrysler, Jag, amd BMW. We have over 120 donated cars, everything from a Kia to a Cadi DTS.
And no they are not Evo's. If they were I would have hoped in one and test drove that bitch. HeHe. No really, any of you in high school or community college that want to succeed very well in the automotive industury and corporations than take a look at SIUC. we have people from all over the country that go here and a few from overseas.
I'm in HS, was really considering an automotive field. What i want to do is learn all the stuff and then get a business degree to open up a shop. Can you give me some more details bout the school?
Thanks,
Bk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just go to Yahoo.com and type in SIUC automotive. that will give you a few different sites including the official siu auto site. I read on a different site that Mistubishi donated 6 cars totaling like 250,00 dollars. Damn what kind of cars were they, Mabey we have an underground research facility for some EVO's????

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
-Boost_krazy- said:

I'm in HS, was really considering an automotive field. What i want to do is learn all the stuff and then get a business degree to open up a shop. Can you give me some more details bout the school?
Thanks,
Bk
Where do you live? if you live in the western half of the us, then look in to Weberstate universtity in ogden ut. they have the best auto program in the western half of the us. they have GM, Toyota, and Crysler programs.

·
Registered
793 Posts
originally posted by masitaly17
I started school today and low and behold we have a 1G GSX with 2200 miles on it. It is a donation from Mitibishi for students to work on and play with
too bad the cars that are donated to school shops cant be sold or traded.

originally posted by ippkiss
Where do you live? if you live in the western half of the us, then look in to Weberstate universtity in ogden ut
Ogden, Utah SUCKS!!!!!!! :mad:
ha, just kiddin. its a nice place to live, but lacks the night life. seems like everyone goes home at Midnight

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Die-Civic-Die said:

too bad the cars that are donated to school shops cant be sold or traded.

Ogden, Utah SUCKS!!!!!!! :mad:
ha, just kiddin. its a nice place to live, but lacks the night life. seems like everyone goes home at Midnight
Yes ogden does suck, but Weber State has one of the best damm automotive proagrams in the world. I know that some people only go to college to party, and if your one of them don't bother with Weber State, but if you acutly want a top quality education in auto, Weber State is the place to go.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes it is a good school, I also heard that there is a University in Penn. that is nationally recognized a one of the best. I like going to school here, Playboy rated SIUC in the biggest party schools. A few years ago we were in the top 15, this year we got honerable mention along with three others. So that still mean we are in the top 25. I guess we will just have to try harder next year.

Hey buddy, give me a Nattie Ice!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts