DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow DSMers,
I am posting this for a friend of mine that does have an account here, but doesn't have access to a computer this morning, and asked me to post this for him because we need an answer asap!

Well, he recently purchased a 1991 Talon TSi AWD just like mine.
It was bone stock, except for a set of Magnecore wires.

For some odd reason, the previous owner unplugged all the vacuum lines that come out of the top of the intake manifold, closed the first and fourth with plastic caps, and looped the ones in the middle. By looking at my engine bay, it seems that all four lines go to a sensor that's placed right under the radiator cap assembly.

Obviously his car is running really bad, idling funny and not pulling under boost.

I need to ask you guys a couple of questions:

1st: Does anybody know of a place online where I can find a "scheme" or a "sketch" with the vacuum connections I am referring to? Couldn't seem to find it in the VFAQ. This is not extremely important as I can refer to my car, but just to doublecheck it would be nice.

2nd: What are those vacuum lines for?

3rd: Does anybody know of a local place (Home Depot/AutoParts) where we can go and purchase the plastic vacuum that comes when you buy a brand new AutoMeter Boost gauge?

He bought a used one, and it didn't come with the hose.

Thank you in advance for all the info,

Regards,

Walter

·
Registered
518 Posts
1st: Does anybody know of a place online where I can find a "scheme" or a "sketch" with the vacuum connections I am referring to? Couldn't seem to find it in the VFAQ. This is not extremely important as I can refer to my car, but just to doublecheck it would be nice.
Look on the inside of the hood. there is a vac. line diagram there.

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
vac lines may have been removed due to the install of a EGR block off plate, did he mention ever installing that on the car? if u both have the same cars why dont u just follow how ur car is setup?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Hi Walter...

Removing the vaccum lines should not cause any of problems to the car whatsoever. Take a look at the following diagram: http://www.taboospeedshop.com/emissions.htm

Use the first "After" diagram and eliminate/plug the rest of the vaccum lines in there. That will help you out for sure. Leave only the ones going from the fuel pressure solenoid to the intake and the FPR, the BOV line and the ones for the BCS. Also recheck all IC pipe connections and make sure that everything is very tight. Then check the timing marks and make sure that they're aligning perfectly.

For the vaccum tubing for the boost gauge...

You can get it at any local harware store...;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thnx

Hey guys,
thank you all for the replies,
I can't believe I didn't pay attention to that page that Martin put up on his site... and I visit his site regularly!

James, I went to several hardware stores and auto parts stores and nobody had the vacuum line. I wound up calling AutoMeter, they were very helpful and sent out a brand new hose for me.

Regards,

Walter

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Re: Thnx

DSMaddicted said:
James, I went to several hardware stores and auto parts stores and nobody had the vacuum line.

Walter
:( Sad to hear about that. BTW, I forgot to tell you that you should try contacting AWD Envy about those S-AFC settings that you need. He's super with the S-AFC and I know that he will be willing to help you...;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts