DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 95 talon that had a broken timing belt. I have been reading a lot about the crankwalk problem with the 2G motors. Im starting to consider just putting the 1G motor into my 95'. I think Im only going to have the car for a season or 2, and dont have very much interest/money in having another "fast" car, my 900hp camaro is enough in the summer. Anyway, from what i have been reading, if I put a 1G motor in the talon im thinking i could get a better return on the car when trying to sell it, what do you guys think?

also im reading the necessary modifications to swap the motor, and they spend soo much time modifiying the 6 bolt block to fit the 7 bolt oil pump....what is the reasoning???why not buy a 6 bolt pump

·
Registered
17 Posts
No you are wrong

Take how many turbo DSMs are sold in the US.

How many of those who are selling these cars actually know what they are doing and even have a clue about crankwalk?

Not to put a damper on your idea, which is a good one if you are keeping it, when and if you take it to a dealership, does Kelly Blue Book offer a motor swap index?

Unfortunately, the world does not have a very high IQ and they don't all do their research. For the trouble that you will put into this swap (personal experience talking currently) I would not go for it. Just me and BigwillyC's 2 cents on the idea.
:santa:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts