DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
So is this the final word on swapping a 6 bolt into a AT 2G?

I'm trying to decide if I should try to make it work or just build up a 7 bolt for my wife's 98 TSI. If it's just a matter of opening up the 7 bolt flexplate holes to fit the 6 bolt crank, then I can see that being the easier route to take.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: part numbers

hardwyre7 said:
I am the guy that has the 6bolt in a 95 with the right flexplate, etc... the model numbers you are looking for are here:
Bushing - MD011848
Plate - MD735674
On the work receipt it says that they had to turn the pilot bushing and had to modify the torque converter. Sorry I don't know what was modified but that is all the work order says. Good luck with it.
I just ran those part numbers. It looks like all they did was buy another 6 bolt flex plate and bushing and machine them.

So taking a 6 bolt flex plate and machining it to correct specs is the awnser.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
There is still an issue with the clearance from the tranny pump getting pushed in too hard by the torque converter. From the time I attempted it I noticed it needs like an 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch which means some sort of spacer or something is needed. I don't really know. It's just easier to go back to a 7 bolt to avoid issues. We are automatics and the need for a 6 bolt is really unnecessary. And people who want to drop is a used 6 bolts are really not using their heads because we are talking about a motor that is around 14 years old. I only tried it because a friend sold me a 6 bolt race motor with forged pistons and such.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the tip dude! We know IPT has that stuff now. I originally made the post in 2002! And later someone asked in 2004. IPT released Kiggley's creation in 2005. I ended up just going back to a 7 bolt. Like I could wait 3 years for a flexplate.......

21 - 29 of 29 Posts