DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a 1G test pipe fits on a 2G? It looks like it would, but does anybody have any experience with that? Thank in advance.

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
1G, 2G ... it's typically not applicable to test pipes. While the stock exhaust configuration is clearly different, once you start modifying the exhaust there are just so many variables.

The best thing to do in my opinion is order a slip fit pipe based on your diameter and have either an exhaust guy make it fit (some one you know preferably... some shops get a little pissy about the lack of a cat con, to say the least) or fit it in yourself, cutting the dp side and or cat-back side as needed to make it all fit.

------------------

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm refering to a test pipe meant to fit in the stock exhaust, 1G vs 2G AWD. If I had a welding machine then I wouldn't be asking this question... :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes they are interchangeable.

both (1G/2G) FWD test pipes are the same and both AWD test pipes are the same. only difference is the FWD to an AWD, that wont fit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts