DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of switching my car from a 92 fwd turbo to a 97 awd turbo the newer being a talon and the other an eclipse, did i do the right thing

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
yea if u like crankwalk and smaller turbos :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This car is fully loaded in the mod department compared to my 1g that only has a small 16g aircan hack fuel pump boost controller and exhaust, this new car has front mount intercooler 16g small, full exhaust type s bov, and goes 11's

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
92turbo said:
This car is fully loaded in the mod department compared to my 1g that only has a small 16g aircan hack fuel pump boost controller and exhaust, this new car has front mount intercooler 16g small, full exhaust type s bov, and goes 11's
I'd hope that would be 5% of the mods because, correct me if I'm wrong, but a small 16G, FMIC, BOV, and a full exhaust setup won't run 11's.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,281 Posts
92turbo said:
Haha...I feel sorry for you if you think a front-mount, exhaust, and a blow-off valve will get you into the 11's.....

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
Did you make the right choice...it is hard to say. Some prefer what you had some prefer what you are going to.

Don't be surprised when your 11 sec. car runs low 13s at the track. :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah right thirten boys. This awd has way too many mods to list that is the only reason i did not list them all, it also has ported manifold o2 custom intake 2600 lb clutch of course the advantage of all wheel drive, and were not talking like 11.0 flat more like 11.9's i've seen the car do it so i would like to say know your car before you judge mine, Here are almost all of the mods....
Ported and clipped small 16g turbo
Hallman boost controller
2 ½” Buschur down-pipe
2 ½” test pipe
Greddy 60mm cat-back
ACT 2600 lb clutch with street disk
Ported O2 housing
Ported exhaust manifold
Lightweight SVR battery
Custom intake on the turbo
RS Akimoto intake filter
Custom upper intercooler piping
Greddy type S blow off valve
Doug’s Dynopower custom front mount intercooler
Rewired high flow Buschur fuel pump
550 cc injectors
Modified fuel pressure regulator
Apex super AFC fuel controller
Full throttle modified Autometer A/F gauge
Autometer boost gauge
Magnecor plug wires
Eibach Pro-kit springs

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
i saw a signature just like that once, but anyways,

ACT 2600 lb clutch - least u know ull get crankwalk sooner now =P

hmm 11's on a ported clipped 16g? send me 1 right over =o

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
you guys say it like he's going to get it no matter what. In truth, only like 25% get it so I don't see why you 1g guys are being so anti-2g.

Congrats on the buy. Great upgrade in power and beauty. :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd take AWD over FWD anyday, so your switch seems pretty good to me.

I like the looks of the 90-91 DSMs over the later 1Gs. Maybe having a 91 makes that just a little biased. The 2Gs look good, so it isn't like you are getting into a bad looking car. AWD is fabulous.

Good luck with the newer DSM.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Uhm...

I love my early 1G looks, but I'd love to go pimping with a 2G too, believe me.

One thing I have to tell you:
don't feel disappointed when you go to the track and run low 13s-high 12s with your mods.

I am not saying that the car you are planning to buy is slow, heck I would love to be in the financial situation to buy it.

With all that you'll most likely hang with Vettes and stuff, but I honestly don't believe it's gonna run 11s on a 505cfm flowing snail.

I have never made it to the track with my baby yet,
and if I make a few low 13s high 12s passes the first time I go I'll be really happy. Look at my mods before answering.

Walter

·
Registered
556 Posts
Your 1G shouldnt be too much slower than that 97 AWD you want to buy. sounds like a nice car...but I might be worried about buying a modded 2G that has been beaten the hell out of to run high 11's. A stock 97 GSX with low miles would be nice for daily, and a 1G would be fun for mods.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THe car only has 37000 so i am sure it is a good deal, and if it costs money to improve things and i break parts no prob, money for cars is not a problem, also i will post my first time slip in sept, then you guys can say what is faster, my 1g now with little mods i smoke mustangs and vettes, not z06's though, but maybe you are not installing your mods right or doing the wrong combination, my 1g only has a supra fuel pump 2100 clutch small 16g turbo hacked aircan, boost controller exhaust and a oil breather, and i know that i smoke these stupid vettes you guys maybe should check witch combos are better before you update the shit out of your cars

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,495 Posts
Hey man where you at in Ohio? :)

There are very few small 16G's that are in the 11's. If this car is, then great! One other thing is can YOU drive it to 11's. Not implying that you cant, but it isnt all that simple.

Crankwalk is definately a concern. If I were you I would be meticulous about my oil changes. Personally, the looks of the 1G's with popups are growing on me. That is why I am selling my 2G and running a 1G. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
37k.. def watch for crank walk.. i have a 97 tsi awd as well.. def a better pimp car but as for the 11 sec 1/4 mile.. heres a list of my mods and im running low13s and a FMIC DEF WILL NOT get me 11s, possibly mid/high 12s but NOT 11s.. BUT either way GOOD LUCK!

upper intercooler pipe w/ 1g blow off valve; k+n air filter set up; buschur racing custom 2 1/2" exhaust; buschur racing custom 2 1/2" down pipe; buschur racing custom 2 1/2" race pipe; big 16g turbo ported and clipped; new spark plugs and wires; turboxs manual boost controller; in dash gauge cluster; auto meter boost gauge and air/fuel ratio gauge; act 2600 clutch; upgraded walboro 255 fuel pump; 550 rc injectors; apexi s-afc; 1g throttle body and my o2 housing and exhaust manifold ported (coming soon) :rudolph:

OH.. if you see something wrong.. let me know, maybe i could be running faster :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts