DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, my name is Wesley and I’m new to the dsm scene but in a situation. Short story I bought a 2g eclipse with a 6 bolt swap, not sure if it’s a 2g or 1g head. Anyway I could find out? Not sure what ecu is in it also but it does have Dsmlink. I got pulled over bringing the car back to my house because I had It shipped and the 18 wheeler couldn’t get in my neighborhood and I got a ticket. The only way to get the ticket gone is to get it inspected. In order for me to get it inspected I need the check engine light gone. It’s reading p0202 which is open/closed circuit on injector 2 any idea of why it would be reading that? Also to do the 6 bolt swap I know you have to change the firing order of the spark plugs. Does that also change where the ecu would be reading what cylinder it’s having problems with the injector? Or do the injectors stay the same as far as the computer knows. For example injector 2 is still cylinder 2 regardless of switching the firing order of the plug wires. Also is the cylinder order 1-2-3-4 starting from the timing gears? And if so is that the same for both 1g and 2g? Sorry for so many questions but I’m in trouble with the law now and need answers fast and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the car have a misfire that you car feel? if so then its probably injector #2. Check the clip to ensure its fully seated, if it is scope the injector control circuits or use a noid light to check operation. what year is you r car and is it using the 1G 91-92 CAS or 93/94? either way the firing order for all models is 1-3-4-2 and the cylinders are arranged with #1 closest to the front of the motor (timing belt side) and continues numerically cyl#1 # 2 #3 #4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts