DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys,

found a late model black A6 last night around 1am. we were on our way to go do some night fishin' when we encountered him on the 5south on our way to Newport Beach(socal). initial run was from 65-105, which i got him by 5-6 car lengths. 1more kind of these pulls yeilded the same results. final run was from 70-135 which i put huge lengths btwn me and the audi. from the results i guess he was still stockish. anyways after the last run, things started getting scary. the steering wheel started to vibrate and this very LOUD (helicopter?) type noise started coming from the front left wheel well, and it felt like the left wheel was pulsing as we kept going. it was funny because the sound would stop as i either acclerated or decelrated, it would only happen if i wasnt either putting in throttle or break. luckily we made it back in one piece. any ideas to what this can be?

95 GSX

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
what mods u have
i thought the a6's had like 300 something horsepower, they are a sedan but still with 300 horsepower they should be pretty quick. the a6 is like 330 and the a8 is 380 i believe? ive raced an a4 1.8t and that was a joke, my weakest point on the t25 70-120 i pulled away from him, and the 180hp fwd audi tt from 60-100 i pulled 2 cars on. overall im not to impressed with audi

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
about your sound, check your cv joint, and halfway between your wheel and your tranny the drive axle goes through a bearing that bolts to the frame, check that, if it came loose it could be whacking your downpipe or engine...if thats what it is, it probably only does it in higher speeds like 60+ and feels like your going over big bumps in the road like the seams in a bridge, only....curb sized seams lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my mods are: k&n, RRE upper i/c, greddy type s bov, mbc(15psi), 1g TB, act 2600 and lighten flywheel, apex N1 cat-back.

- i also thought the audi would have put up a better fight, till i looked at the specs for the A6. the 2.7L T has 250hp and the 3.0 non turbo has only 220. so most likely i found a 3L. i'll check the cv joint, however the sound also happens during low speeds (which pissed off alot of sleeping people at 3am LoL). thanx

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
although A6's are powerful, they are HEAVY.
things are boats.
they are pretty quick though, you just don't see many of them modded at all since 40 and 50 year olds drive them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
loreak said:
i thought the a6's had like 300 something horsepower, they are a sedan but still with 300 horsepower they should be pretty quick. the a6 is like 330 and the a8 is 380 i believe
Depends... The A6 comes with a variety of engines. The base engine was a 2.8L V6 rated at 200HP. That got upgraded to a 3.0L V6 at 225 HP for the 2002 model year. Next is the A6 2.7T, a 2.7L twin-turbo V6 rated at 250 HP. Then there's the A6 4.2 with a 4.2L V8 tuned to 300 HP. Then there's the S6 (same body as A6) with the same 4.2L V8 tuned to 340HP. Not content with that, in about 2 months we'll see an RS6 with that same 4.2L V8 with a pair of turbochargers good for 460HP.

Unfortunately, once you step up to any of the V8s you're stuck with an auto tranny. :mad:

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
oh i was thinkin of an s6 thats why i was thinkin mid 300hp, and the s8 has like 380 or somethin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts