DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew my engine and am looking at boring it out to 2.3, what kind of power gain would I be looking at? I'm around 300hp right now. Boring will help turbo spool right? I've heard a 20g spools like a 16g. Would I be able to stick with my big 16g? and if I did will it still pull to redline and where abouts would it spool? or would I need to upgrade to a bigger turbo like a frank level 2-3

thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blackboost said:
Moved to General Tech...

how is this general tech? I doubt it falls into the same catagory as the other posts on here like "How do I know if I have abs?" It just goes straight to the bottem. I don't know why I even ask questions in these forums, Archers shop is a 15 minute drive from here, I'll go there so I get the right answere...

·
Registered
607 Posts
:rolleyes: boring for displacement in a 4cly isn't for anything other than i rebuild my 4cly after everytime i run a 9sec ET crowd. boring in a street car is for small displacement Big Block V8's

you'll want to look into a stroker kit. btw AFAIK a 2.3L stroker is much more expensive then the 2.4L since the 2.3 is custom built and the 2.4 uses other mitsu parts.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
A 0.040" bore isnt going to increase your displacement by .3L, your talking about a stroker kit.
I've seen a couple stroker kits, but no one really uses them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
AWDTurbo said:
aka 396 cid

its a small displacement big block

I may be wrong but...

The way I understand it is that a small block 351 stroked to 393 is a large displacement small block.

About your question, stroking your engine will help your turbo spool quicker and you would therefore be able to get by with a bigger turbo. How much bigger and how long it will pull I have no idea. Hope this helps.

Andy

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is going the wrong way. Look at the DSM.org list. Before jeff hill? deid he made 2-3 2.3's the guys that had them didnt like them bc the torwue kept blowing trannies and that was the last I heard of them. Im sure someone know of thier fate at this point

·
Registered
607 Posts
sknydave said:
"Small Displacement Big Block" There's a contradiction if I've ever heard one.
you can get a 350 small block or a 350 bigblock.

the point is a 350 small block has very little extra room to bore out and are generally only stroked as in a 383 stroker, where as a 350 big block can be bored out anywhere from 427-454+ CID depending on which BigBlock casting you have ;)

i'm pretty sure you can even get a big block as small as 302 ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts