DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Problem:
Alright this noise just started or at least this is the first I have heard it. When I start to move the car in either forward or reverse I get this moaning noise or rubbing noise which is the best I can describe it that goes faster as the car goes faster but then after that I cant here it anymore cuz of the exhaust but I hear it at acceleration and decceleration at low speeds. Any ideas.

Second Problem:
Ok this noise just started cause this one is nasty. I dont hear it or feel it much but every once in a while it will do it. Every so often I will be driving all the sudden I can hear and feel this nasty sounding grinding and it even feels liek the car slows just a tiny bit like something is hitting something and grinding eachother. I can hear it loud and feel it in the floor. Let me know of any ideas.

Keep in mind I just did install an Apexi N1 cat-back and N1 downpipe. I just lifted the car and checked it and everything has enough clearance and the whole system does not move at all it is up there as firm as can be. Let me know of any ideas I should look at.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What all is involved in a tranny overhaul and with the rear diff. is there any way I can check if thats where its coming from

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just think it is odd cuz I didnt hear these noises until after I put my new exhasut system on but there doesnt appear to be anything wrong anywhere

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,281 Posts
After I put a 3" turbo-back exhaust on my AWD, every once in a while I would hear a grinding/scraping noise coming from underneath the car. Looked underneath and found that it was my exhaust hitting the driveshaft. Made another bracket and bolted it in place so as to keep more downward pressure on the exhaust so it wouldn't bounce up anymore. Haven't heard noises since :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
check to see if the exhaust is hitting on somthing it will vibrate bad when it touches somthing my brothers car had a similiar problem just a thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts