DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just installed my tt and the check engine light stays on now... that is ok right?

also i just put a new clutch in as well, the act2100, and it says i should have 500 miles of non-hard use... what exactly does this mean... does this mean pretty much dont launch or does this mean shift at 3000 rpms or ?!?!!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
conceyted said:
ok i just installed my tt and the check engine light stays on now... that is ok right?

also i just put a new clutch in as well, the act2100, and it says i should have 500 miles of non-hard use... what exactly does this mean... does this mean pretty much dont launch or does this mean shift at 3000 rpms or ?!?!!
1.The CEL should stay on after a tt installation.

2. It means that you must not boost it hard at all and shift very nicely until the break-in period is completed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
There are some other threads aroung that tell you how to get rid of the CEL. You can alkways just get a pocketlogger which lets you turn it off immediately. As far as a clutch break in the standard that people tend to use is to stay under 70MPH and under 4K RPM's and do most of the 500 miles in city drving . Some people go out on the highway for a long trip but that is doing nothing. the purpose of the break in is to sit the clutch preoperly and the only way to do it is to engage and disengage like you would in city drving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts