DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welll tonight i went and saw Comedian, its the biograhpy on jerry seinfeld pretty much. anyways, on to the good stuff :D after the movie we drove around for a while just lookin to cause some trouble, and only hope to find a honda or some sort of car to challenge to a street dual. after about 15-20 minutes of useless driving i took my friend home, with him upset cuz he didnt getta feel an AWD launch :D well i took one trip down the 4 lane road right by my house to see if their was anythign worth wasting my clutch on :p i saw a pair of the oh so familiar xenon headlights coming toward me in the opposite lane, as i saw it go by it was an older GTI or Golf, and next to it a DSM! so i quickly pulled a u-turn. i was about 6 or 7 cars behind them (as their was some traffic.) the golf turned off and the whole street pretty much cleared out for me and the Eclipse (although theres nooooo way we were racing on this street its WAY to lit and heavily patrolled by cops) so i follwed him through a few turns, until we came upon a 4 lane road, this time much better to race on (but remember im AWD so no roll races for me :D ) we just toyed we eacother for a while to show we wanted to settle this once and for all. he turned onto a deserted road and i followed and pulled up next to him:

me:sorry man, didnt mean to stalk u or anything, i just wanted to see if u were up for a race
him: dont worry about, ya i am
me:u FWD or AWD?
him: FWD, but i got the turbo
me: ya i have the TSi AWD, its turbo also in case u didnt know..so do u know much about these cars?
him: nah but im still learning, next week im gettin a boost controller, and i found this good site, its called machv
me: ya but make sure to get a boost gauge or you'll be stuck with a worthless MBC, just like me :rolleyes:
him: ya i already got the gauge at home
me: well we gonna do this or what?
him: ya! count it down :D
me: oh btw, ever seen an AWD launch?
him: nope
me: well get ready to be in awe!

I hear him revving it to high hell, so i count 1..bring it up to 5500, 2.....3.....bOOm drop the clutch and instant whiplash :D im already about 2 or 3 car lengths ahead and i didnt even notice if he spun his tires or not, but i heard some rubber bein burnt i think once he hit 2nd gear. i quickly ran through 1st, 2nd, and topped out 3rd gear and slowed it down since i was about 4-5 car lengths ahead. I gotta say AWD won this race for me :hail: here's how the convo went after he pulled up a few hours later.

me: how'd u like that AWD launch?
him: dam..all i heard was "1..2..."
me: DAMMIT! sorry, i guess our engines were too loud, u know how roaring loud those stock exhaust's can be :D
him: dont worry 'bout it, i know u murdered me fair and square
me: well we can go again if u want
him: nah i know u won, its all good
me: oh do u visit DSMtalk at all?
him: nope, what is it?
me: its a site about our cars ( i didnt know exactly how much he knew about DSM's) goto dsmtalk.com and check it out
him: alright, i will, seeya around
me: yup later

turns out he lives about a block away from where we raced, and i was just following him home lol. thanks for reading the novel! :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice kill. Its just to bad you slowed down when you did, if you were in 3rd you were probably doing some where around 60; the poor FWD hadn't even broken 40 yet!
My 94 AWD was close to stock (just an MBC+K&N) and I raced a friend of mines 91FWD, he had a 16G and all supporting mods, we ran are cars probably 10 times one day after work. I pulled on him every time up to 70 mph, and then he caught up; and hard! He would fly by me like I was standing still and just kept walking; it was still fun as shit though.
You should have given the guy in the FW a little self esteem boost and ran him from a roll; you would have posted with a whole different story.

·
Registered
23 Posts
nice kill......gotta love the awd, it's won me many a races as well......good job on bringing a fellow dsm'er to dsmtalk.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
"your poor dsm is in another persons hands now"

Sold with 150XXX miles! It went for 4800 bucks. Not bad considering I bought it a year prior for 3800 :)

I actualy just got back from DMV, my 93AWD is now officially registered and ready to be driven on the streets of CT. I got this one for 3700 with 95XXX miles on it. Its got everything my old one had and then some; leather, sun roof, ABS, working AC, way better clutch/tranny, as well as a a much better suspension.

While I miss my old one I am sure I will learn to love this one just as much.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I actually came very close to buying a 9X+ Turbo MR2. But thinking realistically it wouldn't have been the smartest thing, especially because CT gets some decent snow and I was going to use the MR2 as a daily driver (RWD!!! YIKES!!!).

I am happy I stayed AWD; feels way better then my grandmothers 99 Camry that I was using as a loner 'till I got the 93TSI.

Now all I have to do is update my sig; looks like you mioght want to think about doing yours too. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts