DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright first off.. my sunroof is leaking.. anyone have this prob/found solutions.. secondly and most importantly.. after an act2600 install i know how this clicking noise seemingly coming from the passenger driveshaft area. hear it when i go from accelerating to deccelerating and vice versa... ball joint? and on some bumps at low speed i hear it.. no noise when turning though.. not even at full left/right

------------------
J. Hunter Allred

'95 GS-T free mods, K&N, 3" HKS Superdragger, ACT2600, lightened flywheel, and otherthings that escape me at the moment. T-25 handicapped though. As you can see its a work in progress. Figure if i buy it i should buy it once :)

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I'm assuming that your clicking noise is a once or twice click... In my 1st gen awd I encountered a similar situation/noise. The fact that your tranny was recently out is what makes me suspect the same. Two bolts that hold on this "gusset" (under passenger side, behind the tranny) had come loose and it would move at the exact times you mentioned and produce a click or two. I know on 1gen fwd's the same gusset is present but much smaller.
Hope this helps, good luck!

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i emailed you a pic of the tranny are from the manual could you circle it for me.. im haveing trouble visualizing this.. thanks

------------------
J. Hunter Allred

'95 GS-T free mods, K&N, 3" HKS Superdragger, ACT2600, lightened flywheel, and otherthings that escape me at the moment. T-25 handicapped though. As you can see its a work in progress. Figure if i buy it i should buy it once :)

[This message has been edited by redgsturbo (edited September 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
No prob. I'm not sure how I'd circle it, but I'd give it a try. I should have said under and behind the tranny. Between the trans and the passenger side floor. It is basically an add-on to the "frame," for extra stiffness. Keep in mind I'm looking at a picture of the 1gen FWD underside as I describe this. It is located right next to the lower control arm towards the center member.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just checked all the tranny mounts and all are secure.. cant figure this out. anyone have any ideas.. maybe it the cv joint making the noise??????????????

·
Registered
295 Posts
The sunroof thing is usually the weather stripping coming loose breaking or having a crack in it.
If you have the manual clip type sunroof the break in the strip is usually by the clip.
Muray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts