DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So adjusting the idle deals with retarding of advancing the cam angle sensor in a 1g. You can also change the idle with the adjustment screw. I now have 272's and i previously had 264's and never had a steady idle. I'm having problems getting a steady idle, only vaccum leak is at the TB shaft seals.
Should the base idle be adjusted before the timing , or timing first, then idle screw.
Or to save me any hastle at all is it normal to not get a steady idle form 272's?
thank you

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
272's are not made to Idle below 900 I believe. My BC 272's miss till about 1200 under part throttle.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My idle is set to 850 with my chip. 272's can idle easy under 900 rpm. Some people even run them and stock idle. Your car will just die out on you easier but I don't have any problems at 850. I would not go any lower though.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
My 272's like to die anything under 850.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.