DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look at the post that i brought back up from a couple of weeks ago. says Free Mods.

·
Registered
748 Posts
2G free mods? If you have the stock air box, you can remove the plastic pipe connecting from the wheelwell to the air box for a dyno proven 3 ponies. cutting or removing the bov dump tube which is said to block 75% of flow is good. It adds some sound to your intake as well. I don't know what it is called but removing the plastic thing in front of the intercooler and cutting out bigger vents behing the intercooler increases the air flow through the intercooler. Saying goodbye to your muffler is good. I don't if it adds anything, but it can't hurt...clean your intercooler. What I did was spray a whole can of carb cleaner inside and spray it all out with a hose. umm...I know their is more...I get back to you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I see that below some peoples posts they state that they have free mods for a 2g?
Can someone help out and tell me what those mods are??

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hmm some free mods? Here some!
- Cut the bov dump tube located inside your intake that runs from the turbo to your mas, the tube extends like 1 inches inside that tube which blocks off most of the air coming in, just hack it off which will allow more air to be sucked through.
- Cut out the fender lining behind the intercooler. This will let more air run through the intercooler
- Cut a biiger opening in the front fascia depending on what year your eclipse is, 95-96, just shave out a little of the front bumper where the intercooler is located behind, the little intlet, this will make more air travel through, in turns, more air, more better.
- Remove the boost controller solenoid. This is located right below the stock airbox. If you follow two rubber lines from the rubber intake it will lead to a little plastic object. The lower one is the boost controller solenoid. If you take like a pin and poke it in there, and pull it out there should be a little black piece that comes out with the pin, this little black plastic piece restricts when the wastegate actualor opens up, by removing this, the wastegate actualator will open more slowly, which in terms hold more boost, like 3psi more than stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts