DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my all time favorite kills, just because the guy got shut down in front of his buddies

-Well i was on my way back from PIR (portland international raceway) with one of my friends when i see this silver 3g come flying to catch up to me. he goes by me at about 100 then slows down to get next to me, and him and his friend look over at me, and i kinda laughed to myself (visibly though so it would piss him off) and he started going back in forth tryin to get me to race him so i take off in 4th gear and i go for a little bit then look behind me and he is still back there and all of a sudden i see his car comin up on me really fast, so he was about 15 feet behind me, I threw it in third and floored it ,i took off and the front of his car never passed mine, i slowed down to see if he'll come up next to me, but all i see is him flying by with his and his friends middle finger up in the air. i didnt take it personally though i know he was just mad cause he just got humiliated in front of his friends.

Another good one
- i was down town when my favorite car to race pulls up to me, the 3g eclipse (im still mad they changed it, beating a 3g is my way of saying, you should have stuck with what worked), i look over, with my friend in the seat next to me, and the guy is revving his engine at me, and he has his girlfriend in the seat next to him! im just thinking how much sweeter this victory will be when his girlfriend sees her bf lose a race he inticed. Anyway, my friend looks over and blows a kiss to the guys girlfriend! by now the guy is getting really pissed off, i can tell by the look on his face, we waited for the light to change, it turned green and i launched perfectly and straight took off i was at the next light before the guy could even think of trying to catch up, it was great, i almost felt bad for the guy

·
Registered
33 Posts
3Gs...... Man, forever ago I downloaded this video of these guys in Iowa that had a 1G with an intake, mbc, and exhaust... These guys drove around HUNTING every 3G they could find and absolutely ANHILLIATED them all. It was funny because at every light they were like "Man, that's a V6?!? Are you sure??? Maybe you got a bad launch wanna go again????" Ooooooooh man it was nice.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I think the gas cap sets me off more than anything.

LMAO

A freind of mine bought a 01 Eclipse.. He still thinks he can waste me (claims 13s) LMAO... whew.. I need to buy him another round I think :beer:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Street Surgeon said:
3Gs...... Man, forever ago I downloaded this video of these guys in Iowa that had a 1G with an intake, mbc, and exhaust... These guys drove around HUNTING every 3G they could find and absolutely ANHILLIATED them all. It was funny because at every light they were like "Man, that's a V6?!? Are you sure??? Maybe you got a bad launch wanna go again????" Ooooooooh man it was nice.
Seriously if you lived in Iowa. You would do it too..beats cow tippin' LMAO.. I hate IOWA, so boring.. zzzz

·
Registered
42 Posts
There are some 3G that are running 13 and even 12. With the Turbo Kit, Twin Turbo kit and some superchargers they are a great building block.

With the supercharger they are at 300WHP at 7PSI.

I do own s 1G laser tubos but I will always love my 3G:D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
spinAll4 : are you modded? if so what are your modds. Good kills, I love it, in my city I always seem to come up behind one of those new lame ass mitsus(they dont deserve to be called a 3rd gen) trying to play with other cars and act all hard, then i get up next to em and I let em hear the turbo spool and the bov then they dont want any, damn i cant belive Mitsubishi wasted their time on that car!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
BigBADGSX said:
spinAll4 : are you modded? if so what are your modds. Good kills, I love it, in my city I always seem to come up behind one of those new lame ass mitsus(they dont deserve to be called a 3rd gen) trying to play with other cars and act all hard, then i get up next to em and I let em hear the turbo spool and the bov then they dont want any, damn i cant belive Mitsubishi wasted their time on that car!!!!
I don;t see why they are a waste? Just because they don;t have a turbo?

A guy in MI with a motor built is running 13 flat. with his NOS on he hit a 12. Seems to be faster than you and still no breaking. Not trying to start a fight here but everyone likes something different. the GST/GSX were only selling 5% of the total sales. the 3G last year was the #2 selling car.

The way I see it a V6 is a better bulding block than a 4. Might take more money but in the end it will be stronger.

Facts you might not know
the 3G
has the EVO7 gear box.
VR4 bottom end.
top in is SOHC

The only really problem with the car is the throw out bearings go bad fast.

Not yes a 1G or a 2G can be made faster with little money. but be on the look out there are around 100+ 3G with turbo/supercvharger/twin turbo out there.
and this winter mine gets a motor build up with a turbo. so we will see what I can do.

ow and my stock time was a 15.1 and now I run a 14.5

·
Registered
223 Posts
Natedog_37 said:

the GST/GSX were only selling 5% of the total sales. the 3G last year was the #2 selling car.
Actually, the GSX accounted for 5% of production, not of sales (not sure of GST numbers). I don't think Mitsubishi had ANY trouble selling GSX's.

The thing is, the new 3G appeals to an older crowd and most Americans like bigger displacement engines over a 4cyl Turbo anyday. And I would bet to say that Mitsubishi is probably saving money overall since it would be very difficult for the average person to blow up the V6 compared to the 4cyl turbo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Tranman said:

Actually, the GSX accounted for 5% of production, not of sales (not sure of GST numbers). I don't think Mitsubishi had ANY trouble selling GSX's.

The thing is, the new 3G appeals to an older crowd and most Americans like bigger displacement engines over a 4cyl Turbo anyday. And I would bet to say that Mitsubishi is probably saving money overall since it would be very difficult for the average person to blow up the V6 compared to the 4cyl turbo.
You are right there. I have been to the factory 2 times now for meets. And we ask when the turbo is coming. They never really say when but they are hinting soon. but now that the EVO is coming that might not happen.

Yes the 3G is being made for a older perons but there are tons of younger people that own them. I love the car. but like I said I love my 1G even though it is not looking good right now. It is a matter of what you like. There should be a AWD V6 turbo in the import drag this year. that is if they get it done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I used to own a 3G Sportronic. I liked it, wasn't bad. My downfall was learning to drive a stick, and the GSX popped up, heh. But I wouldn't mind owning a 3G 5spd as a second car. Wouldn't give up the GSX though. :D

I still want to have a little run in with a 3G like my old car, just to compare what it really is like.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive gotten letters i dont know how many times from mitsubishi where they are "offering a brand new Mirage" or somthin like that if i traded in the GSX... HA! i wish i could just laugh in theyre face. the thing is with the 3g, it may be a better platform and may be able to have lots of power after you throw 6gs' into it. when im on the street all i see is 17-25 year olds with anything from bone stock to intake and exhaust. so rarely will any GSX meet its match in the common 3g.......... plus turbo is just so much cooler

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mods

BigBadGSX, here are my mods.

Injen intake
Greddy Hard Upper and lower IC pipes
Greddy type s BOV
Apexi N1 catback
2.5" test pipe
magnecore wires
gauges and stuff like that

boost controller, not on yet though

·
Registered
27 Posts
WHAT?

i have no idea why you guys are even having a discussion about the new eclipse vs. the old dsm's. i know the drive train is one discussion but i just want to say that the new eclipses are one of the ugliest cars i hvae ever seen. i dont just unlike them, i despise them. almost every great sports car had at least 3 generations to make a great car, 300zx's, supra's , rx7's. i just wish that instead of the new v6 they would have put together the ultimate dsm negating what was wrong with the 1g and 2g models. that would be nice. the only thing i do like about the nw eclipses is the ass whoopins i serve up to them in my 91 tsi. its funny to. cause almost every time i beat one of those the kid asks me "dude, does that have nitrous?" sounds like a damn civic kid. i just look down and shake my head. poor 3g bastards.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, the 3gs are Fugly (f-in ugly)
if mitsu would have kept with the latter 2g body style, threw in a few harder lines here and there, and fixed crankwalk and all the problems earlier eclipses have, maybe threw in the the big 16g from the evo. i'd say it would be a damn nice car

·
Registered
698 Posts
i don't know how ANYONE that likes a sports car or anything remotely fast could like a 3g eclipse. they really messed up. no awd, no turbo, even did away with that lil bump in the hood that i like and that's a trademark for any dsm. it's just a grand am wanna be in my book. just a regular ole family car or something. jeese!!! i HATE them. i see pictures of dsm's next to cars such as supra's, rx-7's, and such. can anyone see a 3g next to one of these? heck, even next to a 1g or 2g? nothing about it even remotely looks similiar to a 1g or 2g. especially performance wise.

when i was stationed in colorado (and my 95 gsx was still running with the 20g), i use to play with the 3g people all the time. and yes it was fun. and yes i liked it. and yes i laughed. :D
one night i pulled next to a 3g. the guy driving it had some girls in it and he asked if i wanted to race. i said sure!!! he said i was gonna lose cause he had a V-6 compared to my slow piece of crap 4 banger. when i laughed at him the girls in the car even started bashing me. asked how i could be so stupid. they had a 6 cylinder. how could a 4 cylinder ever beat a 6 cylinder? stupid idiots that know nothing about cars i tell ya. well anyway, i told them that they were stupid as hell if they thought they were gonna beat me. they laughed and laughed of course. the light turned green and the laughing turned from a lotta laughter, to :eek: what in the crap happened?!?!?!?!? we just got smoked.....bad!!!!!!!!!! they wouldn't even pull next to me at the next light.

believe it or not, the next week, i ran into the same guy with more girls in it (different girls of course). well this stupid IDIOT wanted to talk smack AGAIN!!!!! can you believe that? well anyway, i again proceeded to tell him i was gonna smoke his butt again...and yes, those girls had the same attitude as the previous girls. how could a 4 cylinder beat a 6....blah blah blah!!!
well, the light turned green and i was smoking him bad when my shift knob that i had just bought had loosened up and flew off when i tried to slam it in to 2nd gear. he flew by me and i finally got it into 2nd and flew by him easily. just walked away. this time they pulled next to me and the girls were trying to say that i had cheated cause i was running NOS. well, whatever....stupid idiots. i love smoking 3g's cause i sure hate the car.

just my 2 cents.
scott

·
Registered
42 Posts
Like I said hate my 3G all you want I still love it and after this winter I should be just as fast as you guys with out breaking parts:D

To each there own.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Like I said hate my 3G all you want I still love it and after this winter I should be just as fast as you guys with out breaking parts
you obviously haven't seen the pics of my turbo....or the plans i have if you plan on going as fast as me with a 3g. :slam:
scott

·
Registered
42 Posts
V8s_are_slow said:

you obviously haven't seen the pics of my turbo....or the plans i have if you plan on going as fast as me with a 3g. :slam:
scott
This is what I am doing this winter. It is a copy of what another member did on club 3g

JE Custom Forged Pistons
JE Piston Rings
Rod Bearings
NGK Copper Spark Plugs
Nitrous Express Direct Port Nitrous (150 shot) = Maybe
Clutch Masters Stage 3 Racing Clutch
Polished Crank Shaft
Bored out and Honed Cylinders
DM Racing Radiator Brackets
MPH Unlimited Downpipe
Magnaflow Race Muffler
Mitsubishi Gaskets
CoolFlex Radiator Hoses
Walbro Fuel Pump*

With a Xtech 3G GT Turbo Kit

A car witht he same set up with out the NOS and turbo ran 13 flat with his NOS he hit low 12's.

·
Registered
216 Posts
so you are saying that you will be in the 11's with this setup??:rolleyes:

·
Registered
182 Posts
JE Custom Forged Pistons
JE Piston Rings
Rod Bearings
NGK Copper Spark Plugs
Nitrous Express Direct Port Nitrous (150 shot) = Maybe
Clutch Masters Stage 3 Racing Clutch
Polished Crank Shaft
Bored out and Honed Cylinders
DM Racing Radiator Brackets
MPH Unlimited Downpipe
Magnaflow Race Muffler
Mitsubishi Gaskets
CoolFlex Radiator Hoses
Walbro Fuel Pump*

With a Xtech 3G GT Turbo Kit
This is exactly why I will never like 3G's. A completely built engine to run 13's. Do you see why people don't like them? All that work and money to keep up with what a 1G or 2G could do for a couple hundred dollars. Imagine putting the same amount of money you're going to spend on your 3G into a 1G...

Oh yea, good kills on the Grand Am's, uh, er, Eclipses.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts