DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed there have been a few threads posted on here recently abut targa 1gs.

I was looking around on my computer and came across some pics I have had for a while of a clean white 2g targa top.

Here they are, it looks really good, considering its not factory. If the owner is on here, got any more pics?

Hope you enjoy!

Thomas
90 TSi AWD

·
Registered
71 Posts
Damn! Now that was a bold move.
Thumb's Up. I like the re-enforcement in the cage. See if you can encorporate the 93-98 Supra "sport-roof" latches for a more factory look. Also try to find a car and cut the roof off of a non-sunroof donar.

All in all I Dig It.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Good luck finding a shop that will do that for you. Nobody around my area will take the liabality. The was never designed for it and it's a big lawsuit if anything happens.
All in all it's cool, but doubtful anyone else will get it done.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
:banana:

I've seen it before but.

:banana:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I think it looks insane! (In a good way that is):banana:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Gotta find some pics of this guys near my base. He's also got a white one that used to be black. Sick. Rotora calipers (he's sponsored), FP3065, Venom intake mani, the works. I do know that he has pics of it on tuners.

·
Registered
234 Posts
username that owned it on tuners was dre99gsx or something like that. i believe last i saw it was making over 500awhp. something to consider about it being a targa top is that you need a cage put in so that way the body doesnt get twisted with it being awd. since removing part of the roof takes away from the structural integrity.

edit: link to his webpage

http://www.twingles.com/ideck/

link to dsmtuners profile:

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/member.php?u=1456

·
Registered
360 Posts
i would never do that. Too much of a risk. I mean if you have the time, money and want the risk of messing things up, than by all means do it. I know I wouldn't. Plus it doesnt look all that good personally. I mean convertiable aren't that much different

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Yeah, that's Dre's old car. He sold it several years back and has moved to some crazier projects. The 2g was definiltey a looker for its time.

·
Registered
158 Posts
haha, wow this is like dejavu, its funny how alot of people have never seen this car before. it was one of the most popular 2g out acouple years ago.

one of the only guys to pull 500hp out of a 50trim.

he owns a gt42 powered MKIV now

·
Registered
597 Posts
Turbodsm_96 said:
I wonder how well it was done tho....

wind noise?

Leaks?

Looks good!
I seem to remember him saying something about not being able to stop the windshield from shaking at highway speeds.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts