DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive a 90'Talon tsi and I was told a port/polished 2g T.B. will help increase
better flow..
Is it true?
please help,
kid-tsi

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't know the stock bore of the 2g TB. But I think the 1g is a 60mm bore I think it is larger than the 2g. I have my 1g TB bored to 67mm but it is a N/T but it helped it out. I have a spare 90 Tsi TB that I can have bored out to about 67mm if anyone wants to try one out let me know. I think it will only work on a 90.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Don't you mean 2gen throttle body elbow?
Generally, I think the 1 gen intake manifold and the 1gen throttle body are recognized as better flowing. But, the elbow on the 2gen is better flowing. Most aftermarket UIC pipes for 1gen include a 2gen or custom elbow, I believe.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD - modified
Live, Learn, Love, Bleed DSM...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what i was told that the 2g THR BDY elbow
had bigger inlets and outlets??
Are the 1g's bigger?

[This message has been edited by kid-tsi (edited October 02, 2000).]

·
Registered
557 Posts
1g turbo TB- 60mm
2g turbo TB- 52mm

Maximum bore size of a 2g TB is 58mm. Most people bore a 1g TB to 64mm...I'm not sure if thats the max or not for the turbo cars.
The 1g TB and intake manifold are both higher flowing the the 2g. The 2g elbow is alittle larger in diameter, but it cannot compensate for the rest of the intake..kinda sux!

Jesse
99 GSX

1 - 6 of 6 Posts