DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: 99 Eagle Talon Wheels

dougdeez said:
There's no such thing as a 99 Talon, btw.

DO'H!!! *homer voice*

Fat fingered that one HAHAHA

I'm getting a vibration that its pretty bad at higher speeds that is annoying me. It's also happening right when I apply the breaks at low speeds.

Prior to this I just had on a set of 1g fan blades and everything was good.

EDIT - Can a mod fix the year of wheel in my thread title. Thanks :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I thought about that too. Then the vibration happened when I slowed down (less than 20mph) so that made me think something else was wrong.

Like me thinking about the lugs being specific to the wheel. The 1g lugs are shanked. I wasn't sure if the 2g lugs were the same.

But I should have them re-balanced. I picked these wheels up used so who knows.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Well I aired the tires up to the max psi rating and the vibration went away a little. Its still there though. Tomorrow I'm going to take the wheels back off and brush any rust or debris that is on the contact areas of the rotor and wheel. Should have done that the first time.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I think I found the culprit. I have a bad lower control arm bushing. I took the tire off today and noticed it had high and low spots in the inner tread pattern.

I think its more noticeable now because these wheels have 225 tires on them vs the old 205s I had on the other wheels.

Time to fix a stupid control arm bushing!

·
Registered
544 Posts

Black94DSM said:
I think I found the culprit. I have a bad lower control arm bushing. I took the tire off today and noticed it had high and low spots in the inner tread pattern.

I think its more noticeable now because these wheels have 225 tires on them vs the old 205s I had on the other wheels.

Time to fix a stupid control arm bushing!
The high low spots on the tire also are a culprit of your Toe angle being out of spec. In otherwords you need an alignment.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

JamesH said:
The high low spots on the tire also are a culprit of your Toe angle being out of spec. In other words you need an alignment.
I'm working on getting this control arm fixed, then i'm going to take it to get the alignment done.

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.