DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
Im going to be pulling the transmission out of the Talon soon to replace the 2nd gear syncronizer.Ive heard of a "double" syncronizer that is supposed to be basically bullettproof.
I need some pointers as to where to get this,and a ballpark cost.
If the "double" syncronizer is a farce,I still need to know the best place to get a normal one that will last.Dont want to have to do it over.:D

Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
If your car is a late 92 you may already have the double synchro unit in there. If not the PNs are:

Gear: MD 748577
Rings: MD 745896

That PN is for the kick ass gear that has the very cool engagement teeth for a larger 'window of opportunity' when shifting.

Jack

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Is that just late 92s that have said kick-ass equipment, or did that continue onto the 93s?

·
Registered
246 Posts
The gear with the PN above I have seen in different units from 92-99. I like the 92 units because you can pop in EVOIII gears with little to no modifications and it has the stronger hub and slider 3/4 assembly.

The 93 units had the same larger hub and slider 3/4 assembly you see in the 2Gs. They are weaker and known to break. The 93 units did come with a double synchro 2nd though which is nice.

Jack

1 - 6 of 6 Posts