DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have posted this in the appropriate section,but figured since something is indeed "broke" it may qualify for this forum as well.:cool:
Im going to have to replace my 2nd gear syncronizer,and have heard of a "beefed up" "double" syncro.
Dont know wheather its fact or fiction,but I need to know where to get either one of these "bulletproof" syncronizers,or just a regular one that is reliable.
Suggestions appreciated.I need to get it on the way so I can research the removal/install of the transmission.;)

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
How many miles are on the trans? Might be smart to at least replace all seals and bearings but thats your call... With that being said I bought all my stuff from teamrip, "not sure if they still sell parts but its worth a try." I also used the vfaq on rebuilding the trans.;)

Another option would be to find a used 2g trans, which is basically and upgrade for 1g's.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is showing 104,000. I replaced the tranny fluid with the "good stuff" (which I didnt really think would do,and of course it didnt).I have no problems otherwise,no leaks new clutch/Pressure Plate T/O bearing etc.
I have to agree however,new seals and the like are definately a good idea.
Other than the grinding on either shifting into 2nd,and downshifting into it,all is excellent.
I REALLY wish this was an automatic...:D
Know anyone that wants to trade?;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.