DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys im looking at getting my exhaust very soon for my .50 trim / 6 bolt install (and everything else) well im looking at getting a 3" exhaust set up but im always finding 2.5" downpipes or 3" downpipes with 2.5" flanges and 2.5" necks but 3" after flex, and i cant fine exactly what im looking for plus the o2s are always 2.5" not 3 like what im looking for. Well i have went with thermal r&d before and loved it the only other consideration for cat back would be the apex n1. But i have decided to go with thermal again for my 98 GSX, and now need help with the o2 and downpipe. like i said im looking for a true 3" and should i run a long DP or a test pipe? names and links would be great thanks for your input guys

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have RNR 3" full exhaust and I couldnt be more happy.

It's full stainless steel from the dp all the way back. No flanges to deal with, just simple ss exhaust clamps. (Easy bolt on)On top of all that it was only 600.00 shipped.

www.rnrracing.com

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
just so you know:

- 3" o2 housing's are way overkill...People run 10's with 2.5"..Plus, your 50trim probably won't have an outlet of 3" anyway...

- Even if you do get a 3" overkill 02, most DP's are "full 3inch" but they start with an inlet of 2.5" to connect to an upgraded/stock 02 housing...There are full 3" Dp w/ 3" 02 inlet's and 3" 02's (possibly ams), plus you can always have one made :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts