DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this new dude from school that i might that seemed to be pretty cool with cars, so i was like SWEET. he has a early 80's camaro and a 300zx, he said that he had rebuilt the engine and stuff and that when he was really young him and his dad worked on a lot of cars.. well i was like cool. blah blah

ok story...

i see the 300z and we go to parkway and line them up.. well his "turbo" is in the garage being rebuilt or something, so it's non turboed now. well ok race anyways. we go and line up at the 4way with no one insite. he honks three times as i powertorque it to 2400.. i squeal just a bit and so does he and i just take off like a mo, i can hear his engine just revving it self out (sounds nice) and before my 1st gear maxes out (auto) i was already a good 4 lengths ahead. 2nd.. kept going, another 4 lengths, by that time i was ilke screw it he's not gonna catch up, then we turn around and he catches up.. well "my clutch is sticking" ...didnt really sound like it.. i can tell you he deosnt shift very well though. this was an early 80's model also. good race though all in all. made me feel good. :D

tonight i had won all my races except for a modded 5.0 (VERY FAST :O) and a z28 convertible camaro. newer model.

tonight i was cruzing around and met up with some of the import guys and i think i was getting mad and raising the bs flag REALLY high. the guy (that i talked about before) has a 2.3? VTEC 2001 accord. very nice lookin, and he put 5 grand into the car JUST to turbo it (he could install it himself cuz he couldnt get the warranty that way) well anyways, turns out that he can beat a 5 speed non turbo 3000GT by about 4 car lengths (or that was what he said)well he was saying that the talon (some guy within the same group) had bought isnt that fast. i was like WHAT? (mods he had: downpipe, kn filter, some other small ones) says he's running about 240 or so. 5 speed, very nice. well they were saying this 98 Dodge Neon (420a) engine BEAT him. the only thing that neon has is a air filter (ripped from a minivan) i was like YEAH RIGHT, and there were saying, yeah he did, i was like that's saying that a non turno eclipse can beat me. they were all sayig that they are heavier and shit. his neon only weighs in at 2400 or so. still ... w/e. they would never race me.. he deosnt "street" race. but i believe him, before he had that car he never did either, so i have to go to the trach sometime and race i guess..

ok enough venting..

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me?! or him about the "turbo"... u never know. he seemed to know his stuff...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i dont know if Im tired or what but I couldn't comprehend a lot of what you said :santa:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well that shows the asian side of me...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Turbo in the garage getting rebuilt?? ROFLMAO. .

So the like empty exhaust manifold was filled with what now? I seriously cant believe that guy even tried to pass that off as real. He might seem to know his stuff but ehh. Its REAL doubtful. Either that or he really thinks you _dont_ know your stuff and he could pull one over on you. (no offence)
Its within the realm of possibility but the stuff hed need to fabricate to make his car run would cost more then a turbo rebuild and take probably longer to put together

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, i was figuring he was trying to bs his way out of this, cuz i was talking to some guys who talked to him and he told them "im GETTING it turboed" i was like .... haha ok. well id be ashamed if it wasnt, oh well. i got to drive it last night... can we say... "POS"? the front alignment was so off it wasnt even funny, it's low geared. NO powersteering, his clutch seemed fine to me.. *COUGH*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts