DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am a mechanical CAD Engineer by trade, and working sales right now for lack of work in my field. So to keep me up on my skills untill I find work, I am doing a 4G63 engine in 3D model space. Below is a shot of the valve cover that I have done so far. If anyone has any specs on engine componants, please let me know!!! I have some extra parts that I can measure as I put in, but I don't have a whole complete engine. If amyone has the parts, and is willing to measure them and send me the measurements, it would greatly help me out. You can send them direct to my email at : [email protected]

Also, If anyone wants any pics of any parts (or the whole engine when I get it done), just let me know. I can render in any color, any material, at any angle, etc.

Thanks, Nate

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, Solidworks just plain KICKS ASS! I'll post one of black and silver in a minut. I just finished the piston and cam cap too, and will post them as well

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here you go!

Really looking for someone with an extra block laying around that they can measure for me. I will be starting the head next, but will take me some time.

·
Premium Member
2,474 Posts
I've been trying to teach myself solidworks, but the questionably legitimate version I have is a little buggy. Anybody want to hook a brother up? PM me plz

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
go to their website and download the 3 month student version of Solodworks 2010 for free. That's what I'm using now untill it's up, then I have a copy of 2009 I can put on my computer. I'll tell you this, if you are used to AutoCAD, Solidworks is a whole new animal!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Very impressive work! Sorry I have no DSM parts lying around :(

How long did that valve cover take to make?

·
Premium Member
2,474 Posts
The only CAD i've used was a semester of keycreator 2 years ago. I've managed to pick up a couple things from the built in tutorials, but my possibly illegitimate copy of 2009 doesn't have all of the tutorials in a functional matter.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks really good. I use to use an old free program called zmodeler to make my own vehicles for Vice City, San Andreas and also 4x4 Evo if anyone remembers that game. I spent a lot of my middle school years doing that...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my Fidanza Flywheel came in today, So I think I will do that next before I put it in this weekend. I'll post when it's done.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I prefer Solidworks myself, but Inventor is just as nice, just a little more difficult to use as far as quick commands go. Very nice models though, I could probably do those myself but it would take me FOREVER. I'm so slow at it.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have just about anything you could think of. What do you need?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Here you go!

Really looking for someone with an extra block laying around that they can measure for me. I will be starting the head next, but will take me some time.
I have a junk block and junk head you can have. As well as cams and other misc. parts.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts