DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys... i know the best thing to do is take it to a dyno, but for the time being i was wondering if there is a good setting for the cam gears... anyone dyno test them? any advise would be great!!

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you know what i should try searching for? i tried a few things and came up empty handed.... i will keep tying things though... thanks.. oh it www.importtuner.com .... without the s at the end.... thanks again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i found some power pages, and i think the one where they added the cam gears, but failed to see where they showed the #'s for the settings, if you find that article could you please give me the link? thanks alot!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have the issue that has the powerpages article in it.. They don't give the settings there I remember reading it like... 20 times trying to find it.
(i havent checked the site though... All I know is about the mag itself...)

-Aaron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i know, i cant find it in the mag or online, but i did take the advise above of +4 intake and 0 exhaust and did notice a pleasant difference so i think thats right....

·
Registered
612 Posts
kaotik said:
yeah i know, i cant find it in the mag or online, but i did take the advise above of +4 intake and 0 exhaust and did notice a pleasant difference so i think thats right....
BADASS!.. I am really looking forward to Christmas this year because I will actually have some $$ to spend on the car.. I was going to get the AEM cam gears and a UDP so... I will keep tabs on this.. plz let us know if you change your settings and get better/worse results..

-Aaron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do!!! i previously had the settings at -2 intake -2 exhaust and it wasn't really that great... i got that advise from someone else who had the gears. then this last weekend i changes it to +4 intake and 0 exhaust and the gain was there.... no doubt it made a difference. i posted in here, 2gnt, and asog... and i got 5 reply's that people where consistantly using those settings so i thought that was reliable enough and gave it a shot.... well im glad i did!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The mag got maximum gain from +7/0. Anytime they touched the exhaust cam, they lost power. Keep in mind that all cars are different, though.
-=B-=

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, i am thining of moving the intake up more slowly but surely till it idels bad then back off a little and see what that gets me. since then ive dynoe'd my car and and got some dissapointing results. 102 hp at wheels and 115lbs of torque....?? with my mods i was shooting for 140 at wheels... so im going to a different dyno and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am going to guess that you didn't dyno on a dynojet. There is a type of dyno (the shop near me uses this) that runs very low. My friend who makes a 15.4 happen on his all-motor 2.0 2GNT dyno'd 102.5 to the wheels. I know that he is making more then that, but this type of dyno reads low.
So keep the head up...
-=B-=

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The1Bill said:
I am going to guess that you didn't dyno on a dynojet. There is a type of dyno (the shop near me uses this) that runs very low. My friend who makes a 15.4 happen on his all-motor 2.0 2GNT dyno'd 102.5 to the wheels. I know that he is making more then that, but this type of dyno reads low.
So keep the head up...
-=B-=
Yeah thanks... i just found that out today, that the dyno i ran on was called a mustang dynometer, and it has a reputation of running low #'s... that made me feel a little better. it wasn't a dyno jet, so i would like to find one and run it to see then what i get. thanks again!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts