DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have a 95 Eclipse GS with the p.o.s 420a in it. Less than 2000 miles ago I replaced the timing belt, water pump, pulleys, and tensioner. Well today on my way home the car just lost all power, it was still running but it had no go. I pull off on the side and it dies on me. Smoke is pouring out of the hood. I check the oil and coolant and both are fine however smoke was coming out the dipstick tube. It will still start but unless I give it gas it dies right away. There are no trouble codes at all. This is my first non 4g63 and it's pissing me off. I checked the usual plugs and sensors I could see anything wrong however it is dark so i'll be looking deeper tomorrow. If anyone has ANY ideas please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well when I got off work I started to look around for things out of place. I went to do a compression test and lookie what I found.
That could explain a lot. Well it completely destroyed the threads for cylinder #4 spark plug so I have no idea what the compression is but cylinder #1 has no compression. I hate this motor.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No timing is correct and so is the tension. If you didn't know theres a code for the timing belt if it skipped and there are no codes other than cylinder #4 misfire which I can completely understand from the looks of that spark plug. I'm just going to look for a rebuilt motor because i'm going to need to replace the head anyways because of the spark plug threads. I just wish I could have afforded another 4g63 cause if it was broke it would have atleast been something I did to it and not the motor just crappin' out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.