DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to to be rebuilding my motor in the next week. I found a rebuild kit that includes: pistons w) rings, water pump, oil pump, main/rod bearings, timing belt w) pulleys, lifters, head bolts, and full gasket set. I also plan on buying the front and rear crank seals. I am asking if I have forgotten anything important? Also, do I need to replace the freeze plugs or can I leave them in if they are in good condition. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If u want a forged crank CI motorsports sells a stroker kit with forged crank, rods, pistons. Comes to like 4k for a full built stroker with stage 2 head.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to but i'm just trying to get it back on the road right now. It's my daily driver, I have other cars for fun. However does my list look good or am I missing stuff.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I will eventually i'm already having to borrow some money to do this so i'm trying to be as low budget as possible without leaving anything important out.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If your looking for oem pistons and rods cheap I know over at CI motorsports shawn has some used ones from stock shortblocks they rebuilt laying around he will prety much give them away if you give him a call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts