DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Yeah heres some a pic of the car and rims. The ladder bars and stuff will be done this coming weekend.

15x12

315/60/15 drag radial and my civic

What the car use to look like. Built gsr with a T4 61mm turbo. The car made 460 on pump gas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I got alot of friends with mustangs and got to drive them and just didn't like them. I would rather keep it a import. I'm still gonna use power glide til the day I can actually afford a g-force trans. I just picked a 9" from a friend and my buddy's gonna narrow it this week for me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So you're taking a built Civic with a B18C1 engine with turbo and making it RWD using the 4G63?

That B18 is making more than enough power already, most don't see over 300hp.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
So you're taking a built Civic with a B18C1 engine with turbo and making it RWD using the 4G63?

That B18 is making more than enough power already, most don't see over 300hp.

Maybe he's tired of the annoying ass "bees-in-a-can" sound that Honda motors make, and wants to hear the sweet, sweet sexyness of a 4G63T. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'll take the sound of VTEC over my 4G63 any day. :p

Let alone, the B18C1s have two versions of VTEC. The first is "Secondaries" and then another 500rpms in is when VTEC itself engages. It's a quick crossover, but you can notice the sounds of the two if you pay attention.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts

Let alone, the B18C1s have two versions of VTEC. The first is "Secondaries" and then another 500rpms in is when VTEC itself engages. It's a quick crossover, but you can notice the sounds of the two if you pay attention.
Oh my god.... I am swapping a vtec engine to my car...

·
Registered
2,579 Posts

And your beloved VTEC sound goes away one you go turbo. Gay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
True, but having VTEC with a turbo has severe consequences. Everyone with a FWD car knows how bad TorqueSteer and TireSpin are when you get into high performance numbers, but VTEC alone makes it worse. I've seen Hondas spin tires going into 4th gear.

Ok, since you're going the DSM route on a Honda it will negate that VTEC problem. I want to see how this fabrication turns out, as I have seen some nice fabricated Hondas recently. (the Civette, a MR Integra)

·
Registered
477 Posts

I am a little concerned with your sanity.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
True, but having VTEC with a turbo has severe consequences. Everyone with a FWD car knows how bad TorqueSteer and TireSpin are when you get into high performance numbers, but VTEC alone makes it worse. I've seen Hondas spin tires going into 4th gear.

Ok, since you're going the DSM route on a Honda it will negate that VTEC problem. I want to see how this fabrication turns out, as I have seen some nice fabricated Hondas recently. (the Civette, a MR Integra)
You just wait till I finish swapping a type R engine in my talon. I will decimate all.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I don't think that has anything to do with Vtak. All vtak is, is a switch to a 'larger set of cams.' (More or less, yes I know how vtec works.) I would say if they're spinning in 4th, it's because of lots of boost.

·
2,306 Posts
I'll take the sound of VTEC over my 4G63 any day.
I wouldn't know what one sounds like, I'm usually 4-5 car lengths ahead by the time vtec kicks in, yo. :eek: So I'll take your word for it.

As to the OP I like the civic idea better than the mustang, however it does seem like kinda a waste to take out a well running civic and chop it up, but its your car and I'm sure you have your reasons.
We have another civic owner on our forums who has swaped awd and a 4g63 into his civic. Good luck with your build and keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I am a little concerned with your sanity.

He has mad tyte graphics all over his 1G...what did you expect, for him to be perfectly sane?

4G63 > Vtec

Seriously, I get extremely annoyed with hearing those loud-ass, irritating Honda motors. They seriously sound like a go-kart with a straight through exhaust. No...nevermind. At least the go-kart sounds like it has a motor on it..Honda's sound like someone is holding an exhaust to their mouth and screaming what they think a car's exhaust sounds like.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts