DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I was wondering if I'm better off building off a 4g64 2.4l block or a 4g63. because i was going o make the 4g63 a stroker motor I think it would be a 2.3L then. or should i go with the 4g64 motor and put Wisco 8.5:1 forged piston .020 over size and crower connecting rods. i want to get the most power out of my car thank you

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Do you want more power low in the rpm range or high in the rpm range? The 4g63 has made more power, but it has had a lot more people using it and a lot more time put into it. So the 2.3 could make more in the future when more people use it.

boomin said:
i want to get the most power out of my car
I wouldn't think like that. "most" power could be really hard to quantify. Pick a number that you want, or a 1/4 time. Then find out what you need to get that performance. I could get 1000hp out of either engine if you gave me enough money and time.

How much power do you want? at what rpm range? and how much do you want to spend.

I would do some more research. There are lots of opinions on this all over this forum and others. Also, one thread is enough.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,681 Posts
Theres a local car shop owner running a bored 4G63 stroker, still on stock cams and a VPC putting down decent numbers and 12 sec slips.
I think he's running a 50 trim, obviously a FMIC, and I think, (I think) 660's.
He's well over 300 awhp with just a quick tune.
Might not be the most advanced tech Q in the world. But there's a lot of details in either set up.
My next build will probably be a low budget 2.4 (Since I already have the engine and head ect.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts