DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor is on it's last leg and I am going NA. My question is... the injector resistor. Is it a box like the aftermarket swaps are, or will it be in my ecu. From reading everything ( i havn't popped and looked yet) the injector resister is the only wiring harness problem I see. Suggestions?

Right now I plan on swapping injectors and the regulator. (as far as fuel goes)

Should I change to an NT fuel pump??

Are the throttle bodies and intake manis' different between the two?? (can I reuse my turbo ones?)

-Ryan

·
Banned
1,365 Posts
What an ingenious decision.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Does the 4G63T have lower compression? This was an issue on an old car I had, someone told me to run without a turbo (blown seals) and I told them the compression ratio is so low Id have like 50 HP

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Besides the low compression problem. I dont see why you cant just get a NT exhaust manifold, block off the lines to the turbo and just drive it with its 50hp.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
740 Turbo Brick said:
Does the 4G63T have lower compression? This was an issue on an old car I had, someone told me to run without a turbo (blown seals) and I told them the compression ratio is so low Id have like 50 HP
Yes, it most definately has lower compression. I think stock is 8.5:1 no clue what N/T is. Probably 9.5 or something....:dunno:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
dsmetal said:
Besides the low compression problem. I dont see why you cant just get a NT exhaust manifold, block off the lines to the turbo and just drive it with its 50hp.
Besides having an ECU that thinks you still have a turbo? Drivability, among many other things.....:chair:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I would think thats pretty close to the highest it could be, otherwise Mitsu would've suggested running premium. I think cars around 11:1 are the ones close to needing premium.

I COULD look up the actual specs, but I'm being lazy now.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yessss. of course I am swapping the ecu, exh. mani, thermostat housings, and the block.

I dont care about power and I do not want to have to solve a ton of boost leaks during my rebuild and further down the road

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Everyone with the I think I think I think. 2g turbo CR is 8.5:1, 1g turbo CR is 8.7:1. 1g NT CR is 9.0:1, 2g NT is 9.6:1. All of this info is straight outta Compton. I mean Chilton's :).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.