DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last night i was with my friend which also has a GSX, we were in a parking lot and some guys were doing stupid shit, and there like hey do a launch.... so my buddy is like aight ( he just got his 2600 pound ACT clutch about 800 miles ago ) .

the parking lot was kinda damp, he went to about 4,000 rpms and dropped it, the car seemed to have wheel hop like a FWD car or something and made a clunk noise. we thought it was just a bad launch as he went to turn around he was turning RIGHT, and the car kinda felt like it had a flat tire or something. we get out check it out tire has air, we go to drive and it does it again. i get out and have him turn right and i notice the right rear wheel is like skipping, it seems like it doesnt wanna go then it spins a little and stops and spins.... i proceed to tell him and hes like WTF so i drive it and show him... we drove it to his house and parked it. any1 know what is wrong?

P.S. didnt seem to do it while driving straight or turning left, or even fast rights.... just while going really slow and turning right.

and also when i was showing him the car almost felt like the brake was on or something, it felt like it didnt want to go.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
If he floor it does any of tires spin.. does he have an upgraded center diff. Check the CV joints, if it's a cv joint concider you self lucky. Last time I wheel hope I killed my center diff. It sucks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Drive the car around in circles and see if there's more clicking noises. I honestly think the center diff is busted because I had the same sitution but this time my car didn't go anywhere :eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts