DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Mitsubishi Eclipse gst 6 bolt swap
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on which upgrades are a must for a 600hp build ?
Some of the parts already planed are pistons and rods cams although not sure if I should go with the .274 or .280? Or what size injectors to get ? Picking up a ecm link and want to run e85 any input would be great im a newbie ish to building turbo cars

Attachments

·
Elite DSMtalker
692 Posts
Well. First of all - welcome!

For 600hp (at the flywheel, I am guessing) you will need first of all a turbo that flows ~60lbs. This is more or less where your build will start. Everything else around it is support for that turbo, e.g. how is the airflow before and after (intake piping, intercooler, intake manifold, cams + overall head preparation, exhaust, wastegate, etc), and ability to supply enough fuel for that amount of air (fuel pump, fuel pump rewire, fuel lines and injectors), and is my ignition system up to the task (coils, spark plugs), and what is controlling all this hot mess (ECM + monitoring devices (gauges)).

And then in addition, once you blow the engine...you can look at what do I need to support physically all that boom (crank, rods, pistons, block preparation) and at what rpms do I want to run it (stock, up to 10k rpms in a 2.1 destroked engine, or lower rpms, but more torque with a stroker crank)?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts