DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all new to the 4g63 game I know a motor is a motor but here’s my puzzling concern on a more specific note and I’m sure it’s been played to death here

I have a 6bolt n/t motor I have recently torn down my goal here was a 6 bolt turbo motor. Build it put a 2g head on it and put it all in a 2gb awd,now learning it was a n/t motor I’ve learned it’s missing oil squirters, I have also read going forged I don’t need it and I feel it’s more in my head now that it’s different,so!!!! Here’s where I stand,I’m at the point where I can hone the block get the internals assembled and go back to work or is this more than I can chew now?
I’ve read now the squirters,knock sensor and the oil pressure will be an issue, can I. Should I proceed? My build was supposed to look around 600 horse at the end drag and street use, I seek more knowledgeable folk to guide me lol

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
At 600hp, you need forged pistons and rods. So the oil squirters won't be an issue.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Also, the last n/t block I built had the knock sensor tapped. Just threaded it in and it was good to go. I never noticed and issues with oil pressure, I also ran a 1990 style external oil cooler.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just double check that the knock sensor bung is actually drilled/tapped. I had a n/t block that did not have it sadly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts