DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Talon TSI and my timing belt broke last night when it was sitting:dunno:. I didnt notice that it was broken till I cranked it:chair:. I was wondering if a 1g 7 bolt head and arp studs would fit the 2g 7 bolt block? I have a brand new 1g 7 bolt head, arps, metal headgasket and timing belt that I would like to throw on my block. Lemme know if I can do this. Im pretty sure I can cause I remember there was a difference between a 1g 6 bolt and 7 bolt headstuds.

·
Registered
716 Posts
It should work. I believe the only difference even between 6 and 7 bolt head studs in a mm. I remember being told I could use 6 bolt studs on a 7 bolt head and if they didnt fit in the heads holes to drill the extra mm out. I see no reason why any of this would be neccesary for you. I am pretty sure you have everything you need.

EDIT: I think you may run into some wiring issues possibly. Search for a 1G head on a 2G to be certain.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I was gonna use the 1g head with all the 2g sensors on the TB. It should work. I already have the CAS in there and the guy I bought the car off of had a 1g head on his 2g block so it should work out hopefully.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok now I have another question. My car doesnt like heads too much, lol. My car overheated when I had it idling in my driveway and now I have only 90 psi of compression across the board. I was wondering if I can put a 6 bolt head on it and still be able to use the 7 bolt studs?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.