DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Um, ugh, *SIGH*

I need to get rid of this T25. :-/ BTW to everyone else, he has a '99 GT (260hp) and not COMPELETY stock. Few stuff.

Um, how much is a 16G? :)

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
61 Posts
What I did instead of a catch can for now was get the K&N filter. But here was the problem I found. THe oil fills it up then it drips onto your motor or tranny. Waht I did was route a piece of hose to the front of the car. But I did this under the car. THen there was a support or something underneith. And I then put the K&N onto the hose. What this does iis the blow by flows into the hose. The it flows down the hose to the filte. Then once the filter gets oil init it drips out. But it drips out under the car. So no messy oil under the car. Till I can buy the catch can this has been working fine for me. And other people I had told about it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would get a fuel filter instead. $8, and no oil anywhere.

------------------
'99 GST
http://www.geocities.com/mospeed9844
Akimoto Air Fitler
GReddy BOV
GReddy Intercooler Piping
GReddy Cat-Back
GReddy Profec B
GReddy Boost and EGT Gauge
Autometer Air/Fuel Meter
Front and Rear Strut Bars

·
Registered
112 Posts
I always had a breather filter on my car. That fuel filter looked good so thought i would give it a try. Went out and bought it, and wondered how it would work. I was able to blow through the filter, so I wondered if it would hold oil since i was able to blow air through. I poured in oil, and saw the filter was able to contain oil. So i installed it (w/ little bit of oil inside the filter) and now the oil is gone. I guess it sucked it back it???????

It seems pointless if oil gets sucked back in and makes mess inside the motor.

·
Registered
729 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
It seems pointless if oil gets sucked back in and makes mess inside the motor.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your kidding... right???

·
Registered
112 Posts
I meant pointless b/c that oil will cause carbon deposit build up inside that motor. Its does its job keeping it out of the intercooler and the pipes, but aren't we all looking for a substitutes (for 40-100 catchcans) to keep the oil out of the motor AND the intake path?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts