DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few different clutch disks.

They are all round (no tabs) with standard oem style hubs.

(1) 8 pad metallic (ceramic) both sides.

My guess is increased grip on both surfaces due to material type in exchange for increased wear on both flywheel and pressure plate. With a stout pressure plate it should'nt be to chatter prone probably worlds better than a six puck.

8 pad metallic (ceramic) pressure plate side full faced organic flywheel side.

My guess is increased grip on the pressure plate due to material type in exchange for increased wear on that side. This would cause the organic side to do a higher share of the slipping. This would mean that it might actually glaze, wear or even burn up this side faster.

8 pad kevlar pressure plate side full faced organic flywheel side.

Similar to above except the kevlar side has more bite than the organic side and is much kinder to the pressure plate. Kevlar has less grip than metallic (ceramic) and would slip more.

I'm sure there are other combos out there.

Who has run any such disk with an increased pressure plate?

Just looking for quantative evaluations. The more scientific types evaluations. In other words flame elswhere.

On a side note anybody have the same clutch twice with two different steps. In tolerance of course. Say .608" step vs .610" ?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts