DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting 8mm wires they are yellow :D

and ngk spark plugs. i forget the exact number right now but the recommeneded ones from napa.

what should i gauge them at?

·
Registered
162 Posts
From my backup CD for 90 TEL it says

Turbo engines - Gap = 0.7-0.8mm (0.028-0.031in)
Torque to 20-30nm (15-21 ft/lbs)

Mike

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Blackboost said:
0.030" for up to 16 psi...
0.028" for more than that...;)
Grrr.... been reading through search results for an hour now. I run 16 psi with these mods: Hacked aircan,K&N,Blaha MAS,Magnecor 8.5's,Zex Hyperformance plugs,AEM Tru-power pulley,boost gauge,mbc @16psi,fuel pump rewire,17"Enkei Shutokos,2.5" O2 w/atmos. dump,3" dp,3" custom exh. w/Dynomax bullet,BM LSD,stage 2 6 puc

I think it is time to change my plugs. I am going to get the NGK's, but should I go with 6's or 7's, and at what gap? My plugs now seem to have a small amount of carbon around the base, and a yellowish tint on the prongs (?). Do injector/fuel system cleaners clean plugs, or have any other effect on them?

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
venom42 said:

Grrr.... been reading through search results for an hour now. I run 16 psi with these mods: Hacked aircan,K&N,Blaha MAS,Magnecor 8.5's,Zex Hyperformance plugs,AEM Tru-power pulley,boost gauge,mbc @16psi,fuel pump rewire,17"Enkei Shutokos,2.5" O2 w/atmos. dump,3" dp,3" custom exh. w/Dynomax bullet,BM LSD,stage 2 6 puc

I think it is time to change my plugs. I am going to get the NGK's, but should I go with 6's or 7's, and at what gap? My plugs now seem to have a small amount of carbon around the base, and a yellowish tint on the prongs (?). Do injector/fuel system cleaners clean plugs, or have any other effect on them?
Get the 7's and gap them at 0.030" since your at 16 psi of boost. Some injector/fuel cleaners and octane boosters tend to foul (turn the plugs redish(sp??) or cause a little bit of damage) the plugs, So be careful with what you use.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Torque to 20-30nm (15-21 ft/lbs)
I know that is within spec but i wouldn't suggest torqueing them to 20 lbs with aluminum threads. Tighten them by hand until they are snug, then go like 1/2 turn more. Or maybe id go 10-12 lbs.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
When I took my plugs out today to look at them, I torqued them to 19lbs. I just looked at the range and picked something kind of in the middle. You are like the second person I have heard say not to torque them that far, so I guess I will torque the new ones less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts