DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, today i was out car shopping with my parents and i ran across a car at a lot. It was nighttime so it was closed. It is a white 1990 Talon TSI. with 90k miles on it, the price is $3750. The paint and exterior is in mint condition from what i saw and the interior looked very good, although the leather was cracking a little bit. Now will this car be worth to buy at this mileage?
Do talons last a long time? Do i have to worry about the turbo going out on me? anyone that can help thanks alot. This car will be for 3 years max.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is a good price. I bought a '90 Talon Tsi for $4,000 with about 110,000. Make sure the timing belt has been replaced recently, if not, knock off $500 bucks (cause thats what its gonna cost you to fix it, if done at a shop). If its at a dealer, then I would be a little wary, I never trust dealers, cause they just want your money...The turbos are pretty reliable, from what I understand...IF they are maintained...these cars get thrashed a lot, so its a tough call on who owned it...an engineer owned mine and took great care of it...as I do now...I would seriously drive it and see what its all abOOt. Do the normal checks....clean engine, sounds. If the valves tick don't worry, mine does it BAD when its cold...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts