DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home this weekend from school (back to NJ) and of course ended up going out to Rt37. I was out with my 17year old cousin in his T28d 97 GST. My older brother Andrew who has a 91 AWD, who has posts on here was out in his car with his friend Ed in the car with him. Anyway, we were cruisin lookin for something to start some trouble and we come up on a silver C5, looked like any other (I can never tell if they have an catback or not), anyway, I do see a gauge on the A pillar of this thing so that was pretty sketchy. Anyway, my bro was runnin the 18psi street boost hence the great 93 octane. He goes next to the vette, (mind you me and my cousin are watchin from behind) and they both slow and then slam it and take off, 2nd looked even, but as we followed the vette started pulling!!!!! Now usually we dump on C5s (esp in Drews car) and even in mine (altho im not in mine), you get the point. I instantly call my brother ask him what the fuck happened, and he goes, that thing is fuckin supercharged. He said they took off from a roll and it pulled him 1 car in 3rd and 2 in 4th.

Anywayz, we continue to follow, then by the glory of god, RED LIGHT. Vette is in the left lane, civic in middle, drew in left. The civic is filled iwth kids and Im sure he was only jokin if he was gnna race but whatever, they take off and of course AWD spanked off the line and I pretty much lost wht was goin on in the race so again I called my brother.

Got a nasty launch 5500rpm prefect launch, pulled an instant 3-4 cars on the vette, held it in 2nd, vette was creepin lil in 3rd and shifted into 4th... then broke...(traffic).

Then he proceeded to tell me that the kids in teh CIVIC were talkin shit to the vette about the his talon!!! They were sayin shit like oh its a talon fuckin dust it blah blah, now I dunno if the kids in the civic knew the kid in teh vette or whatever so for the record after drew beat both their asses (yes C5 supercharged) he threw the hearty hazards on.

Now. Lets talk about this Vette. Last time we raced a fast Vette when I was with my bro IN his car, we raced a 02" (405HP)Z06 from a 3rd gear and WE PULLED HIM inching but still. This C5 pulled drew from 3rd and 4th so it was def packin at LEAST 460-480HP. AT LEAST!

For the record, Ed my brothers friend is weighs 240lbs. Plus full tank of gas. Vette had just driver so, weight advantage which is suppose to go to the Talon went over to the C5. I would like to see driver vs driver from a roll again.

Next weekend I should be coming back to NJ with my car (its still at Pruven Performance) bc they are dicking around with it. But when I do get it back in this decade, my friend just got a digital camcorder so we are goin out and I can put some shit online. I havent driven my car with the cams, extrude hone, balance shafts or any of that. But I should have on tape me racing my brother andrew and my friends 91 5.0 with 150 shot. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
nice nice......bet your bro was shitting his pants! hahaha....anyway, hes running a 18g right?? correct me if im wrong. anyway good runs and yes we would love to see some footage!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
A fellow Jerseyite. Where in Jersey are you, TT? You don't have to specify, of course. North, Central, or South will do.

Depending on which type of blower that C5 was running, it's likely he had more in the 520-540 HP range (at the crank). Kudos to your brother. Those things move out when blown. I'm guessing he probably had an ATI P1-SC. If it was running the D1-SC and was able to find traction, your brother most likely would have been looking at taillights. My friend owns an '02 Z with a D1-SC, I believe, and he's putting down over 640 to the wheels. First and second gear in that car, much like mine, have murdered many a tire. :) Still, even with the P1-SC, running eight pounds of boost or so (which is about as high as you can go with the stock internals), keeping the lead your brother got off the launch is pretty impressive.

As much as I hope for a good race on the street, the opportunites to do so safely are few and far between (last night was a rare and fun exception). You and your brother should bring your rides down to E-town one night (if you don't already) and line up against The Beast. That would be fun. Your cars sound quick and, much as issuing a good street spanking is great, the track is usually the best place to layeth the smack down. I'm down there usually every other Friday night or so. I'll be the guy in the silver Z running low 10s, even with a crappy launch. ;) I smell 9s once my '60s improve. :) :cool: Definitely come down one Friday night. There's usually plenty of fast rides with which to tussle.

Tell your brother, "Impressive kill." Have a good one,

Zealous

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zealous, I was suppose to go to the track today at E-town for imports vs. domestics (1st time to track with my car) but its still at Pruven in CT. My brother was only going to go if I went.

Also, I am in Toms River, NJ (Central), I live in Lavalette next to TR. Where are you from? We usually race on Rt37, Dover Rd, and Miller Air Park, but mostly just 37. Let me know I wouldnt mine seeing a 600HP Z06, Id like a ride in that shit too!

BigBadGSX, Yes he still has his 18G from turbotrix lol, I think hes had it for like 4 years now. I cant believe how much that turbo kicks ass. I think its a perfect match between spoolup and flow, something I dunno!

Yes I cannit WAIT to come to NJ with my car, in CT there aint shit goin on... I WILL HAVE the video camera, I will be in my car however, but, we'll see. Usually we just race normals like LS1s etc, but there has been Vipers, S-C5, Z06, Lotus, Ferrari shit on the road a couple times which is the most fun of all. I cant wait!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
veritas said:
Oh momma...9's in a Z06...:eek: ...I need a faster car...:(
totaly agreed!!!! hahahah thats just sick! lol anyway, I think i need to move to jersey, simply because im tired of racing these damn ricers in my area! it sucks. Also does your brother plan on running a different turbo one of these days like a t3/4 or green something in that area? Also has he ever had his car to the track? im wondering cause he has had some viscious kills with that car.....i would like to know what he turns?

Zealous -what kind of 60fts are you turning with that beast, and also what kind of 8th miles are you running, mph also? just wondering

·
Registered
197 Posts
You damn people with a turbo DSM think you need a faster car... HA! take a ride in mine one day and be happy you have the turbo! ohh well one day when I actually make some money I'm gonna get me a nice toy car. That ZO6 sounds like a monster!!! I remember my cousin had his C5 with a full intake and a few other mods pushin around 400 hp. I took a ride in that thing and damn that was crazy. Anyway I'm done rambling. Good kill :D

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BigBADGSX said:

totaly agreed!!!! hahahah thats just sick! lol anyway, I think i need to move to jersey, simply because im tired of racing these damn ricers in my area! it sucks. Also does your brother plan on running a different turbo one of these days like a t3/4 or green something in that area? Also has he ever had his car to the track? im wondering cause he has had some viscious kills with that car.....i would like to know what he turns?

Zealous -what kind of 60fts are you turning with that beast, and also what kind of 8th miles are you running, mph also? just wondering
BBGSX, he doesnt plan to get rid of the turbo, because there is still other things that can be done. He wants to build the lower end, and knifeegde the crank and use aluminum lighter rods and of course forged 8:5:1 pistons. He went to the track 6-7 months ago and did one run, 1.8 60ft, this is with stock portd 02, no extrude hone and no fidanza, and somthing else he didnt have and he ran [email protected] Since he recents mods he hasnt gone, hopefully we will both get to the track before it closes. He wants to hit 11.5-6s, Rob M his friend, Now with a Green (who couldnt pull us from 3rd-4th at 23psi) ran 11.68 with his 18G, so the turbo is REAL capable. Ill keep it posted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also, I am in Toms River, NJ (Central), I live in Lavalette next to TR. Where are you from? We usually race on Rt37, Dover Rd, and Miller Air Park, but mostly just 37. Let me know I wouldnt mine seeing a 600HP Z06, Id like a ride in that shit too!
TT:

I'm up in Central Jersey (Union County). I'll be going to E-town again most likely a week from this Friday. If you and your brother want to head there, too, that would be cool. Afterwards, I'd be happy to give you a ride. I know Route 37 and I've heard of Miller Air Park, but I've never been to the latter. Like I said, while I raced on the street on Friday night, I don't do it all too often (to be honest, I'd probably do it a lot more often if more people were willing to race; despite that it's wrong, it's hard to resist sometimes :)). What are the conditions like at the places you mentioned? Traffic? Cops, etc.? If it's a lightly traveled road not often patroled, I'd be into it probably. Give me the skinny.

what kind of 60fts are you turning with that beast, and also what kind of 8th miles are you running, mph also? just wondering
My '60, 330 and 1/8 mile times are pretty erratic BigBad, because of my traction issues. I regularly get beat out of the hole by cars with a lot less power and better traction, but once I catch and get moving . . . Let's put it this way, it's not hard to make up whatever distance I've given up.;)

Anyway, I usually do about 1.89 to 1.95 '60s on DRs, mid to high 4s(depending how much spin I get on the shift from 1st to 2nd, sometimes even as bad as low 5s) to 330 and low 7s usually by the 1/8 mark. Like I said, there's a lot variance in these times depending on how I launch and continue to hook up through second and even into third if the air temp is cold enough. The car is exceedingly capricious and it's going to take a while to learn how best to drive it. I'm experimenting now with a number of different approaches. In the next few weeks I'll probably pop on a pair of slicks in place of the DRs and see how much that improves my '60 and 330 times. I was hoping to avoid that for the purpose of having a car that's both streetable and a monster at the track. I may end up just slapping the slicks on for the track and running DRs on the street. A bit of a pain in the rear, but worth it for how exhilarating this car is to drive.:rockon:

Take care,

Zealous

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Zealous,

Rt 37 usually isnt too bad with cops, in the summer it gets bad some nights but for the most part, not too bad, keep your V1 volume up and your eyes pealed, I have never been caught on 37 and I go there A LOT for over a year. Miller, stuff hasnt been goin for a while, 37 is pretty much the place to be. Winter isnt best time but there is always cars out there. Sometimes great races, like this one mentioned, Supercharged C5, also some 11 second TAs, and some nasty fast DSMs. This upcoming Friday I SHOULD be home in NJ on 37 Friday night with my car but who knows Pruven Perofrmance is killin me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sounds good, TT. Why don't you shoot me a PM here if you know you and your friends are going to be doing the 37 thing on a weekend night (can't do weekdays- I work in the City and have to be up by 4:30 AM every day). Maybe I'll roll on down and join you guys. Let me know.

Zealous

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will do! We are lookin at this Saturday night, hopefully as long as my car is ready, Ill shoot you a PM.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Talon Rice Frier, what does your name imply? That you fry Talons LOL. I am from Toms River, why dont you come down to 37, youre like 15-20 mins away!

-Tom

Ill give your stang an ass whoopin = )

·
Registered
11 Posts
my name implied that talons fry rice. so its a good thing. i would like to give u a run in my stang but i gotta wait til i get my license soon :(. it pushes over 400hp at the wheel N/A :).

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK good, I was hopin you werent shit talkin catback intake guy :D

What do you mean GET your liscense

Also whats done to your stang, my good friend is running a 5.0 hatch with lots of mods and a 150 shot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
LOL, i mean im taking my test soon to get my license LOL. did u think i was somebody who got their license suspended for 10 yrs and then is gettin it back now??? lol. O ya , my 5.0 is a 302 based stroker. its stroked out to 331 , bored .30 over. weisco pistons rule ;). we had the engine built by a friend of ours who is in lakewood that built racing mustang engines for bout 30 yrs. Imagine the possibilities if i put a turbo charger on here :)!!!

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gotcha, yeah I did hear of someone in Lakewood that does Mustang work. I cant remember the name though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts