DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

91 Eclipse GS 1.8L (Dumb Question)

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Van 
#1 ·
Sorry guys if this is really stupid for me to be asking...but I lost the manual for the car. I bought that ZMax treatment for the fuel/oil/and transmission...and I Cant for the life of me find where to put the Transmission fluid portion of this. Where is it located in the engine ?? Thanks for any help.
Obviously I dont know much about cars. hehe

-Joe

#6 ·
Hi Joe,
First, The ONLY stupid question, IS the one not asked. :)
I'm not familiar with the 1.8 auto model, but I can most probably help here. I'm looking at my manual here. You should have a small dipstick down LOW on the tranny. I'm thinking this critter should be on the passenger side of your engine compartment, down below the air intake or radiator hose, on the trans. Once, you're looking in this area, I'll bet you find it. You check your trans. fluid here. You also add your trans fluid here; through a long funnel(typically)inserted in this dipstick hole. Be VERY careful not to overfill trans!
Good luck!

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

#8 ·
Hmmm,
Well, first you have to have the engine and trans. warmed up (about a 15mile drive,I'd say,) and the trans. in park. There should be two marks on the stick; one on each side of the word hot. If your fluid comes out in-between these marks you shouldn't add any. If it is low, in the cold range; add a little at a time. I think it only takes a pint or less to get it back to the hot range.
Good luck! Gotta go now, it's late here.

------------------
Rocky Mountain
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.