DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1992 cylinder head for a Eclipse that this guy is selling and he said he selling for 100 dollars. He didn't tell me if it was from a turbo or not or if it came off of a 6 bolt will it really matter if it came off of a N/T or not or came off of a seven bolt or not? He said the block is put together with the cams and everything with it all I need to do is put it on my bottom end block torque it down then it will be ready to go.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thank you. Does 100 dollars sound right for cylinder head?

·
Registered
166 Posts
bento said:
1990-1994 cylinder heads are all the same. Turbo and non turbo heads are identical except for the cams.
'93-'94 heads have bigger outer exhaust manifold studs - 14mm as opposed to 12mm on earlier heads and revised cooling passages so let's say they 're aaaalmost the same:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
dsmetal said:
What is the difference in the 4g63 95 - 99 heads?
'97-'99 heads have smaller diameter head bolt holes and would need to be drilled out to use with 6 bolt hardware. I 'm not sure if there are any other differences. Hopefully somebody who knows more will chime in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts