DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had been out of the game for a couple years, got a real job, got married, had a kid, etc. About a year ago I started getting the bug again and decided to start saving up. Come September I finally had a chunk of change to play with so I started shopping. I knew I wanted another 1g, so I kept an eye out, but every one I came across was a piece of shit to say the least. I was looking for factory turbo cars, but everyone I found in my price range were beat, rusted out, hacked together, and typically had a ton of problems. I wanted a clean rust free car with few issues I could turn the key and drive yet even the non turbos I looked at had about bit the dust. I was on the verge of giving up until my wife woke me up one Saturday to show me a Craigslist find. It was a 1992 Eclipse GS, claimed it was rust free with a 1.8 and 5 speed. I didn't really want to get into a 1.8 but it looked clean and they were willing to negotiate on a price, so a week later we found ourselves leaving to make the 120 mile drive to Columbus to look at it. When I arrived I was thrilled that the car was truly rust free, unmolested, and on top of it had a non turbo 4g63, not a 4g67. $2000 later and a situation with the title that left me driving all over Columbus with no license plates, and I was making the 120 mile trip home.

Had a lot of cleaning to do, the chrome wheel covers went shortly after the picture was taken.

What I've done so far:
-spark plugs
-coolant temp sensor
-removed air can
-K&N filter
-egay aluminum radiator
-radiator hoses
-changed oil
-started porting new exhaust manifold to replace the cracked stock one.

Next on the list:
-timing belt (and everything with it)
-go through the front end
-fuel filter
-exhaust
-solid shift cable bushings
-drain transmission and refill with better fluid (any suggestions)
-throttle body gasket
-valve cover gasket

Parts I've accumulated:
-ported 2g manifold
-2g maf
-stock SMIC
-stock BOV
-stock intercooler piping
-91 turbo 5 speed wiring harness (to donate needed plugs)
-o2 housing
-injector resistor box

So yeah you can see where I'm going with this. It's currently parked for the winter and it's not my daily driver so I've been taking my good old time. I don't plan for it to be boosted by this summer but we will see. Got plenty more pictures to post. All feedback is welcome.

·
Site Administrator
4,661 Posts
I don't know why this wasn't approved - but your pictures aren't working. If you send me a PM with this thread link and the correct picture links I will correct them.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
-91 turbo 5 speed wiring harness (to donate needed plugs)
[/QUOTE]

When you say 'donate needed plugs' do you mean by splicing? If I were you (I've gone this route before) I would just pull the entire harness and swap it.

Actually I just realized you have a n/t 4g63 in there. Personally I hate running wires, so I would still just swap harnesses rather than hacking up a good turbo harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts