DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys i need an honest, unbiased opinion. Im lookin for a car thats gonna be reliable and just last me a few years. The 2 cars i found are:
93 Talon TSI 5spd 90kmiles,white w/black top, it owned by a 40 year old who took really good condition of it. The owner before him was a old lady. My cousin has known this guy for 4 years. The guy did put on a busher racing exhaust but thats it. He doesnt beat on it at all. $3500 and hes firm on the price

92 Maxima SE Black ext, black leather, 107k miles, 5spd, cd player, some 5 star rims he put on it, moonroof. This car however i dont know the owner in anyway. I found this car on autotrader. And the guy lives 31 miles away. He wants $4400, but im assuming hell take 4 grand.

My question to yous is what do you think is a better buy and what do you think will last me longer. Whichever i do get i will be taking good care of the car. Im just looking for a daily driver. I dont think ill modify either car, and if i do it wont be anything extreme since reliability is my focus of interest. Well i hope i get a lot of feedback.
Jay

·
1,770 Posts
The Maxima will be more reliable.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
blue176 said:
Guys i need an honest, unbiased opinion. Im lookin for a car thats gonna be reliable and just last me a few years. The 2 cars i found are:
93 Talon TSI 5spd 90kmiles,white w/black top, it owned by a 40 year old who took really good condition of it. The owner before him was a old lady. My cousin has known this guy for 4 years. The guy did put on a busher racing exhaust but thats it. He doesnt beat on it at all. $3500 and hes firm on the price

92 Maxima SE Black ext, black leather, 107k miles, 5spd, cd player, some 5 star rims he put on it, moonroof. This car however i dont know the owner in anyway. I found this car on autotrader. And the guy lives 31 miles away. He wants $4400, but im assuming hell take 4 grand.

My question to yous is what do you think is a better buy and what do you think will last me longer. Whichever i do get i will be taking good care of the car. Im just looking for a daily driver. I dont think ill modify either car, and if i do it wont be anything extreme since reliability is my focus of interest. Well i hope i get a lot of feedback.
Jay
I would definetally go with the maxima. My brother had one as his very first car. It was a 94 and he still uses it during the winters. They are incredibly reliable from what I know, and dealership service for nissan's have tend to gone up as of late.
It won't be as fun as a TSI but if you are looking PURELY for reliability, then I'd say the max.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm lol so far its hands down on the maxima, wierd to hear this from this site. Guess ill go check it out this weekend

1 - 8 of 8 Posts