DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Just replaced the clutch with a ACT 2600 unit and lightned flywheel... first off, dealership told me 55ft/lbs on the flywheel. is this right? too late now if it isn't. loctited and all anyways. second on a gst which of the bolts on the tranny is the fill hole. there is a higher 19mm and a lower 17mm about three inches different. I thought you were supposed to fill till it overflowed (approx 2.5 to 3 qts) but i put three in through the higher and didn't overflow. now oil leaks past the driveshaft seals. so i replaced both of those and it seems to have slowed anyways.. not to mention i drained and refilled the tranny. when i first spotted the leak i went to add more oil, unsure how much i had lost, and added another qt and a half. when i drained the tranny i pulled at least 4 1/2 or 5 qts out (ugh), but now there is exactly 2.8qts in there and still a slight leak from the passenger driveshaft.. any ideas??.. not to mention that above the driver side driveshaft there is a slight gap at a bolt hole b/w tranny and engine were there is no hole to insert a bolt. (WTF) i figure is is a bolt hole used with the AWD tranny. either way my tranny is about .5 mm from being fully seated against the block.. this could be bad for the crank and tranny huh?

·
Registered
871 Posts
sounds like you broke the oil seals on the tranny where the axles go in the tranny, i believe they are around $5 each so no big deal. but on the other hand if you got gaps in between the tranny and the block, well you definitly got problems. i would take it apart and reassemble everything :mad:
go to www.dsm.org there is a few vfaqs on replacing clutches on 2g's, read them well.
also go here http://www.myzero.com/drivetrain/tranny.html for info on filling the trans fluid.

good luck,
bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but you see the first thing i did was replace both seals.. i did it very carefully so i know they aren't damaged

·
Registered
871 Posts
make sure the axle is all the way in the tranny, shouldn't be any gap between the axle and the tranny. also there shouldn't be no more than about 3 qts in there, if you got like 4 or 5 then it probally will leak out.....somewhere. also get yourself a service manual, it's much easier to work on your car with one. but the link (http://www.myzero.com/drivetrain/trannyoils.html)i gave you should cover everything you need to know.

much luck,
bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help.. actually found my backup tech manual tonight (thank God for $5 backup manuals huh?). everything should be in spec, still waiting to see if i have any serious leaking.. so far so good...knock on wood anyways

1 - 5 of 5 Posts