DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I have a 95 eagle talon ESI and my speedometer does not work. it hasn't worked ever since I got the car (like a month ago) It runs perfectly and the tach works. All the lights on the dash work, but the speedometer and the odometer do not show me my speed or even count miles. No movement at all. I tried to find a fuse for this, but i can't seem to find it. Anyone know what it could be? Any relays, fuses, or plugs or even parts that may be causing it? I know some people turn them off to not count miles, but can anyone help me figure it out. It's kinda hard to go 35mph speed limit when you're doing like 75 lol

thanks in advance!

P.S. I was reading through some of the other posts and most people that had a speed sensor problem, it came up in the OBDII diagnostics as Speed sensor failure. I ran my car through a scanner and it didn't come up, does that mean it's not the speed sensor?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
+1
Speed sensor controls the speed and the mile count. When I first had my tranny serviced for the first time 5 years ago the shop broke my sensor and did not say anything. I drove around a nd brought the car back and they admitted to it and ordered a new one. Well I drove around for 3 days with no clue to my speed. Its electronic so check the sensor.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
darkzero80 said:
I will check it then. But where is it located? Can anyone shoot me a picture of it's location?
On my car its located in the rear of the tranny. Its held on with one 10mm screw and the plug looks just like the TPS plug with the metal clip.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay guys, thanks for the help. Much appreciated ^-^.

I will check the sensor when I have time. Right now i've been working on a vaccum gauge for my car. So ASAP ill check it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think on the non-turbos its right under the battery tray. As far as changing the cluster I have tried that and it was not the problem. It was the sensor so thats what I would recommend.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay, I have a 95 eagle talon ESI and my speedometer does not work. it hasn't worked ever since I got the car (like a month ago) It runs perfectly and the tach works. All the lights on the dash work, but the speedometer and the odometer do not show me my speed or even count miles. No movement at all. I tried to find a fuse for this, but i can't seem to find it. Anyone know what it could be? Any relays, fuses, or plugs or even parts that may be causing it? I know some people turn them off to not count miles, but can anyone help me figure it out. It's kinda hard to go 35mph speed limit when you're doing like 75 lol

thanks in advance!

P.S. I was reading through some of the other posts and most people that had a speed sensor problem, it came up in the OBDII diagnostics as Speed sensor failure. I ran my car through a scanner and it didn't come up, does that mean it's not the speed sensor?
Did you ever figure anything out? Having the same issue. Vss is good. Getting power and continuity through the signal wire. Ecu doesn’t read speed and neither does the speedometer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts